Apple dominates US smartphone market with 51% Q1 share thanks to iPhone 13

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It’s not just the US.

b5336a23524c904ac5133a7d5fbba22d.jpg

And honestly it’s not even a competition anymore. 42 billion in revenue for only iPhones vs Samsung with 3.6 billion for their consumer electronics division which includes phones tablets smartwatches, computers, AirPods clones, etc.

a0d97ccb66873962750d7b30abca05d7.jpg

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Some people are so predictable when 99.9%of their posts are bash Android,Google,and Samsung even when the post isn't even about Android,Google or Samsung. "Apple is the greatest". Some people never grow up. Let's not forget the childish screenshots.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Some people are so predictable when 99.9%of their posts are bash Android,Google,and Samsung even when the post isn't even about Android,Google or Samsung. Correct if I'm wrong but we are discussing DDG. This has to do with Google becaaaaaauuuse...,?

Your wrong.

392a2ad6c4fc71ed765df2d90027ad78.jpg

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Like I said,Samsung lives in your head rent free. I currently own 13 Pro Max,Apple owns 51 %of market. So as a shareholder,what am I supposed to mad at? I am happy for Apple's success. So what exactly are you getting at?
Oh that's right,you just love bashing anything Android or Samsung every opportunity that you get.

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Your post was far from accurate, feel free to believe that it was, Free just like the way Android, Google and Samsung live rent free in your head. We get it outside of bashing Android and Google and praising Apple, you have nothing to say. Feel free to focus on an edited post that was posted in the wrong discussion. The post was irrelevant.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
“ That's a great thing. The better apple does,the more money I make. I would be mad at that because.....?”
….Because of your conspicuous and consistent con-Apple stances here on imore that would lead anyone to conclude you don’t like “the cult” growing? Speaking of which, to provide one shining con-Apple example, the adamant insistence Apple enthusiasts (noting that was spoken here on an Apple enthusiast site) are like a “cult”, with that word most certainly written as a pejorative. (Fyi, if trying to make Apple enthusiasts into the negative connotation “cult” isn’t Apple living rent free in your head then there is no such thing as rent free).
But on a happier note, it’s good to read you’re pleased when Apple may gain market share, by gaining sales, by gaining many more customers, to propel their undisputed king of the hill earnings that crossed 100 billion which has never been done in the US (Google will need to grow earnings 33% to get there but their big money maker, advertising, has the potential). See I’m an Apple enthusiast as well as, like you, a shareholder. And like you, it pleases me/makes me money to see Apple thriving in such an epic way. It will be a nice celebration for me, you, all of us if sales do grow. Let us hope together that the device install base hits 2 billion this ER or next. This could get it an even rarer rarified air of, let’s shoot for 120 billion by Jan 2023. Unless Aramco beats their old record, that 120 billion would give Apple the greatest 12 month earnings in all private corporate history. Happy times right?

anon(41073)

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
“ That's a great thing. The better apple does,the more money I make. I would be mad at that because.....?”
….Because of your conspicuous and consistent con-Apple stances here on imore that would lead anyone to conclude you don’t like “the cult” growing? Speaking of which, to provide one shining con-Apple example, the adamant insistence Apple enthusiasts (noting that was spoken here on an Apple enthusiast site) are like a “cult”, with that word most certainly written as a pejorative. (Fyi, if trying to make Apple enthusiasts into the negative connotation “cult” isn’t Apple living rent free in your head then there is no such thing as rent free).
But on a happier note, it’s good to read you’re pleased when Apple may gain market share, by gaining sales, by gaining many more customers, to propel their undisputed king of the hill earnings that crossed 100 billion which has never been done in the US (Google will need to grow earnings 33% to get there but their big money maker, advertising, has the potential). See I’m an Apple enthusiast as well as, like you, a shareholder. And like you, it pleases me/makes me money to see Apple thriving in such an epic way. It will be a nice celebration for me, you, all of us if sales do grow. Let us hope together that the device install base hits 2 billion this ER or next. This could get it an even rarer rarified air of, let’s shoot for 120 billion by Jan 2023. Unless Aramco beats their old record, that 120 billion would give Apple the greatest 12 month earnings in all private corporate history. Happy times right?

I Like IOS and Android. I alslo criticize Apple,Samsung and Android. I lpraise them both when praise is do and criticize them just as equally. Cult behavior is praising everything that Apple does and criticizing everything that Samsung,Android or Google does. Case in point in a conversation about DDG, you go on an anti-Google rant WHEN GOOGLE HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE COVERSAION. You assume that just because I say something negative about Apple that I must be an Android fanboy the same way that you are an Apple fanboy. You can also find me on Android Central pointing out the good things about Apple while criticizing Android,Samsung etc. On those sites people are more open to criticism than you guys albeit there are a few fanboys, they don't display the cult like behavior like on this siite where fanboys run rampant. The Apple Cult is no big secret and it is often on full disiplay on imore where the fanboy behavior is sometimes toxic even by the so called moderators. You can't have antri intelligent subject about anything outside of Apple because you become easily triggered. I love my Apple products. I also have some Apple products that I think are lagging behind the competition(Apple TV 4K's) I also love products on the Android/Google side of things. I don't care for theri watches that's why I have 3 apple watches.I also own more Apple products than Google. Being a share holder which goes back to pre iPhone. I am a tech guy 1st. I enjoy everything, I buy everything. I also own shares of AAPL and Alphabet. The irony of this comment is that I am responding to your comment of you on another one of your pro Apple rants. Forums are about intelligent conversations not fanboy rants. EVERYTHING IS NOT A COMPETITION AND THE IPHONE SE STILL SUCKS.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Here, on this site, you take the contrarian view. That isn’t in doubt just in case you think it is. And that view, to put it nicely, is to the adamant. Hey, That’s your own choice. It does liven it up. But on an Apple enthusiast site, you just might find yourself in the unique position to be called out on it such as the “cult”. Which was, with all due respect, merely funny. That you now added to it ‘those guys over there are just better people’ (yea you did imply that in your reply,just in case you missed your own point). Next, what you do elsewhere and your ‘shucks it always done for the best’ claim is your own opinion as much as it is irrelevant. We all have other pursuits that I’m quite certain we all feel are as egalitarian and noble as yours.
With that out of the way, despite your individual belief of for the greater good intentions, you do poke and prod here toward Apple enthusiasts. That is obvious and suggesting your replies are done simply out of corporate and social benevolence? I mean in all seriousness, really? There is nothing noble or benevolent replying to someone “living rent free in your head” to another poster. ‘I just want to keep it fair’ belief does not mesh with that and many of your statements here. I’m not suggesting you can’t say or do it but I am demonstrating I will call you out via reply.

Google in a search engine discussion? outlandish! Be that as it may, fyi, when Google is successful ‘I make money’. So what reason would I hate on them? (See how that conversational trick works? Let’s me say anything about Google but ultimately I’m for them! because they make me money). As well, as another example, Apple enthusiasts clearly live rent free in your head. (Again see how using that kind of reply is a conversational trick? Speaks to no actual point but gives one a pseudo moral high ground without ever needing to be defined)

I’d like to avoid Annie_M reading my reply and thinking ‘oh no’. But I’ll risk it for one more…let’s say just for the competition. I’ve been on Apple support community for quite a lot of years now. You see it all there, enthusiasts, one offs, average, technically savvy, basic questions/comments, the regular(and hilarious) ‘I was sold an ipad but forgot the PIN and forget the AppleID password’(those happen a lot), tough questions/comments, angry questions/comments, questions/comments from people who are not Apple users at all they just don’t like Apple, people f a different language doing their utmost to converse in English, other categories. What you see first hand is, for whatever reasons, Apple engenders enthusiasm from some and dislike from others. It seems, again for whatever reasons, there’s fewer than average who are neutral on Apple. And goes back a long time too. Over the years after reading and responding to so many categories I noted above, I’d like to think I’m adept seeing where people stand.

Keep any competition friendly Have a great holiday weekend.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR