Apple Commercial "R.I.P. Leon"...

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I get the point they are making and they have a cool idea - but slow rolling up to the moment the guy needs to delete/unsend the text he sent and the blasting through that moment so fast you can't see what happened is just poor marketing. Cool concept - poor execution. But that's just my 2 cents as a non-marketing person. :)

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I get the point they are making and they have a cool idea - but slow rolling up to the moment the guy needs to delete/unsend the text he sent and the blasting through that moment so fast you can't see what happened is just poor marketing. Cool concept - poor execution. But that's just my 2 cents as a non-marketing person. :)

I agree. They’re going for the flash, pop, action, the actual product feature gets fairly limited highlight. Reminds me of a few of those late 70s jeans commercials. What the actual product was was obscure until the very end.
This Apple commercial is done in the style of what marketers generally think gets the most coveted customer demographic, those in their 20s.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree. They’re going for the flash, pop, action, the actual product feature gets fairly limited highlight. Reminds me of a few of those late 70s jeans commercials. What the actual product was was obscure until the very end.
This Apple commercial is done in the style of what marketers generally think gets the most coveted customer demographic, those in their 20s.
Yep... the ADHD demographic.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was good marketing. It clearly shows him unsending the message, and why, in a humorous way. It wasn't meant to be a "How to" demonstration. It's the kind of ad people remember and talk about.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't recall seeing that advertisement around here.

I really don't like it... In my eyes, there is never a good situation where you mess with a scenario involving death, even with animals or trees. It is the natural way of life, because there is only a single certainty in life, we're all going to die - we don't know how, where, when, but we will all eventually die. So having a little bit of "fun" of it leaves somewhat a bitter taste in my own mouth.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve seen that video a time or two and found it quite humorous overall. I didn’t think it was done in poor taste and it didn’t portray a dead animal. It portrayed an assumption of a dead animal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh