Apple.com | Apple Store App orders ONLY

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine still says shipping from somewhere in California, but still at the "label" produced stage. It is to be an overnight package, so it will not likely leave until tomorrow, possibly early or possibly not. It may never arrive.

It used to be I had faith in Apple, but this scramble for iPhone 6's has not given me confidence in them. My charge is still pending, and Apple still says it is preparing for shipment. I paid $925. For the thing (full price upgrade was only way possible). When a carrier isn't subsidizing it you expect a little better customer service than that. Then again, everyone should get good treatment by Apple.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine still says shipping from somewhere in California, but still at the "label" produced stage. It is to be an overnight package, so it will not likely leave until tomorrow, possibly early or possibly not. It may never arrive.

It used to be I had faith in Apple, but this scramble for iPhone 6's has not given me confidence in them. My charge is still pending, and Apple still says it is preparing for shipment. I paid $925. For the thing (full price upgrade was only way possible). When a carrier isn't subsidizing it you expect a little better customer service than that. Then again, everyone should get good treatment by Apple.

Wow, I think you could use a bit less drama. If you still have a 9/19 delivery date, you will get your phone on Friday. And for the record, no one (not AT&T, not VZW, not T-Mo, not Sprint and not Apple) care what you paid for your phone - that doesn’t enter in to the outcome in terms of when it will be delivered. You paid $X. It’s now on a plane, on a truck or in a warehouse with up to 4 million other phones.

It will get to you on time. (And even if it doesn’t, will someone die or will the world end?)

Threads like this are, frankly, quite entertaining. One hundred and nineteen people find their tracking number without any info being given them by Apple or the carrier. And the one guy who can’t find it on his own freaks out because he has no indication that his phone is, likewise, en route to his home.

Take a deep breath, and go sit by the door. It will come.

Last edited:

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I think you could use a bit less drama. If you still have a 9/19 delivery date, you will get your phone on Friday. And for the record, no one (not AT&T, not VZW, not T-Mo, not Sprint and not Apple) care what you paid for your phone - that doesn?t enter in to the outcome in terms of when it will be delivered. You paid $X. It?s now on a plane, on a truck or in a warehouse with up to 4 million other phones.

It will get to you on time. (And even if it doesn?t, will someone die or will the world end?)

I truly hate threads like this, for this very reason. One hundred and nineteen people find their tracking number without any info being given them by Apple or the carrier. And the one guy who can?t find it on his own freaks out because he has no indication that his phone is, likewise, en route to his home.

Take a deep breath, and go sit by the door. It will come.

I originally started this thread to see the status of other shipments ordered through apple. It's part of the excitement.

Sounds like you could use a deep breath as well. If you don't like threads like this. Don't read them. Kinda "trollish".

So....take a deep breath, go troll elsewhere. Your day will go on. ;-) #teasing

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm so freakin' sick of reading this crap...losing confidence in Apple for what? Because they can't give you a play by play account of every step of your particular phone getting to your doorstep? What's next? You'll lose the remaining faith you have in the company because they don't come out to your house specifically, help you open the box and setup the phone in your living room?

Over and over again I keep seeing people saying how they're disappointed with how Apple handled this, or how they couldn't call Apple for that or that their status hasn't updated by the millisecond...where do you people come from? I mean if you're like 17 years old I get it, teenagers are idiots...but I have never in my life observed more grown adults acting like this...it's insanity!

I paid for an unsubsidized iPhone 6 Plus as well...I don't expect ANYTHING. I see that my tracking information shows a 9/19 delivery, and I hope that it is accurate, but the fact that Apple hasn't updated my status page to reflect this doesn't make me feel any kind of way...you want to know why? Because why the hell would I get bent out of shape over it? It says it's shipping and should be delivered on the date that they originally told me when I placed the order...I don't care if there was zero information available until 2 hours before it arrives on my doorstep, it is what it is!

Calm the hell down folks! Find it in yourself to have some patience and maybe pick up a hobby if you have enough time on your hands to complain about this kind of thing. I just can't imagine being THAT critical in life...seems like such a hilarious waste of time.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I originally started this thread to see the status of other shipments ordered through apple. It's part of the excitement.

Sounds like you could use a deep breath as well. If you don't like threads like this. Don't read them. Kinda "trollish".

So....take a deep breath, go troll elsewhere. Your day will go on. ;-) #teasing

I got no problem with you or even with this thread, per se. It’s just that there is always some guy who gets his nose all out of joint and becomes almost suicidal because he doubts his phone will come on launch day. If it wasn’t so sad, it would be funny to see these people melting down and expressing their "lack of faith" in Apple.

I’m really cool with it all, and didn’t mean to disparage you in any way - just venting a bit. Read Sean's post on the subject for a similar view - perhaps he did a better job explaining it.

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
You didn't. I appreciate the candor.

I agree it's silly that people get so obsessed with it. I'm guilty of the obsession at times too, but this is a whole new level.

"Carry on"
- Paul Harvey

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I think you could use a bit less drama. If you still have a 9/19 delivery date, you will get your phone on Friday. And for the record, no one (not AT&T, not VZW, not T-Mo, not Sprint and not Apple) care what you paid for your phone - that doesn’t enter in to the outcome in terms of when it will be delivered. You paid $X. It’s now on a plane, on a truck or in a warehouse with up to 4 million other phones.

Well, please chill out too. I'm just making a statement about how all of us tend to be treated like cattle in the 21st century. I guess I'm used to Amazon-like CS.

Also, believe it or not, back only about 20 years ago, you would buy a cell phone and they would set it up for you, made sure it worked, and made sure you knew how to use it. That wasn't very long ago, and lots of people bought them back then.

It's not the "stuff", but rather the attitude. I have friends from years ago now at Apple in Cupertino, and they are many many millions richer for it. That money comes from us. How does the expression go ...."don't bite the hand that feeds you?"

Sorry, but there are a lot of people who work hard for this stuff. Customers deserve respect. You go out and drop $100k on a Porsche today and they treat you like they are doing you a favor. No way! I have read some really difficult stories of people honestly trying to plunk down a good chunk of their hard earned money for an iphone. They deserve to know what's up. Please remember, we pay them. This isn't a charity.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There's a HUGE difference between obsession and being a drama queen. I'm obsessed with this stuff too, otherwise I wouldn't sit here all the time discussing Apple stuff...I absolutely cannot stand the drama queens though, and there are far more this year than I can remember honestly. People getting up in arms about stock shortages (and I mean even if you've never gone through this before yourself, there's simply no way you could be totally oblivious to it have happened before)...or like in this thread, the guy talking about losing "faith" in Apple. WTF is that? What does that even mean? What faith can a person actually invest in a damn electronics company that would be so important that it could be broken by a simple matter of slow status updates?

We're not talking about a family member forgetting to call you and tell you that Uncle Bob passed away, or that your sister had her baby when you were waiting around the phone for the info...yet some of these people would have you believe they've been sitting by their computer, refreshing it every minute since the 12th making sure their iPhone was progressing how they saw fit.

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
They'll still set up the phone for you if you buy it in store. I opt out because some dingus years ago downloaded a crapload of stuff on my brand new phone during the setup process and almost bricked it (android, pre-gingerbread). Now I don't let sales folk touch my phone other than getting all of the serial numbers and stuff for activation (unless, of course, I do it myself at home after a mail out).

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 with iOS 8.0 using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well, please chill out too. I'm just making a statement about how all of us tend to be treated like cattle in the 21st century. I guess I'm used to Amazon-like CS.

Also, believe it or not, back only about 20 years ago, you would buy a cell phone and they would set it up for you, made sure it worked, and made sure you knew how to use it. That wasn't very long ago, and lots of people bought them back then.

It's not the "stuff", but rather the attitude. I have friends from years ago now at Apple in Cupertino, and they are many many millions richer for it. That money comes from us. How does the expression go ...."don't bite the hand that feeds you?"

WTF? We are cattle. FOUR MILLION OF US stayed up all night begging Apple to take our money and then reward our dedication with a new phone.

For the record, go wait in line at an Apple store on Friday and a nice man or woman in a blue t-shirt WILL set set it up for you, make sure it works and make sure you know how to use it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You just don't quit do you? Don't bite the hand that feeds you? Where did Apple bite anyone's hand? They had a record breaking pre-order and they are fulfilling the orders in a controlled and transparent fashion...Apple didn't pull any of the BS you've read about from people who ordered from carriers instead...they gave you a delivery date, and as far as I've read, NOBODY who pre-ordered with Apple has had their delivery date changed randomly and mysteriously. It has all been related to carrier issues and incompetence on their end.

You're sitting here complaining about something that literally makes no sense. Do you have any indication that your phone isn't going to be shipped and delivered on time (based on what you were told when you ordered it)? Or are you just flapping your lips to complain for the sake of complaining?

Apple maintains INDUSTRY LEADING customer service and satisfaction ratings. Don't believe it? Go look it up. They've been in the top 5 companies for customer satisfaction for the last 7 years or more, and were #1 for many of those years.

Now tell me again how Apple makes their customers feel like a herd of cattle...lol! You act like Apple is on the level of Comcast or something with your comments...ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. There's a clear and concise reason why Apple has this rush to get their products from day 1...it's because they make great products and Apple keeps their customer base coming back for more while also bringing in new business. This doesn't happen when a company fails at satisfying their consumer base.

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I got no problem with you or even with this thread, per se. It’s just that there is always some guy who gets his nose all out of joint and becomes almost suicidal because he doubts his phone will come on launch day. If it wasn’t so sad, it would be funny to see these people melting down and expressing their "lack of faith" in Apple.

Remember, this is all artificial. Apple releases things early to get everyone all hot and bothered so they will want to buy one too. Apple could have waited two months and sold things to everyone without incident. They supposedly want to sell 90 million of these things by years end. When they release them, you'd expect that they would have a decent supply. This is all about marketing. The people getting in lines tonight in front of an Apple store to buy on Friday. That gets headlines. I just saw one on the local news. That's not news, though. It's free advertising.

When people say they have no faith in Apple it's not about a silly phone. You drop it on the pavement and it isn't a phone anymore. It's about being played by a company that should stop playing people. No one passes over an iPhone because it's made by cheaply paid Chinese labor, or that Apple likes to keep lots of profits overseas to avoid taxation. They just want to buy the thing that is hard to get and is scarce.

Even this mysterious shipping of millions of phones from China is nuts. It gets headlines and is free advertising. I guess I'm making fun of myself and everyone else. You've got to admit that the whole purchase experience is really funny? But we do it anyway.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Remember, this is all artificial. Apple releases things early to get everyone all hot and bothered so they will want to buy one too. Apple could have waited two months and sold things to everyone without incident. They supposedly want to sell 90 million of these things by years end. When they release them, you'd expect that they would have a decent supply. This is all about marketing. The people getting in lines tonight in front of an Apple store to buy on Friday. That gets headlines. I just saw one on the local news. That's not news, though. It's free advertising.

When people say they have no faith in Apple it's not about a silly phone. You drop it on the pavement and it isn't a phone anymore. It's about being played by a company that should stop playing people. No one passes over an iPhone because it's made by cheaply paid Chinese labor, or that Apple likes to keep lots of profits overseas to avoid taxation. They just want to buy the thing that is hard to get and is scarce.

Even this mysterious shipping of millions of phones from China is nuts. It gets headlines and is free advertising. I guess I'm making fun of myself and everyone else. You've got to admit that the whole purchase experience is really funny? But we do it anyway.

There's simply no nice way to put this...what you're saying is idiotic paranoia.

And now you're bringing in their labor force and taxation practices?

Seems really odd to me, with your (asinine) concerns, that you'd be ordering an iPhone in the first place, much less sign up for a forum membership to spout this crap. You're sharing a tunnel visioned consumer view of how business "should" work...and there are executives that thank god everyday that their companies are not run by people like you, because the businesses wouldn't last a blink of an eye with that approach.

Your entitled attitude is so disgusting. What makes you entitled to one of these devices without a wait time? Since when are you entitled to one of them at all? If you have such disdain for the company, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! It's simple buddy...yet here you are, drinking the poison koolaid you're running around like a retard trying to "warn" everyone about.

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
There's simply no nice way to put this...what you're saying is idiotic paranoia.

And now you're bringing in their labor force and taxation practices?

Seems really odd to me, with your (asinine) concerns, that you'd be ordering an iPhone in the first place, much less sign up for a forum membership to spout this crap. You're sharing a tunnel visioned consumer view of how business "should" work...and there are executives that thank god everyday that their companies are not run by people like you, because the businesses wouldn't last a blink of an eye with that approach.

Your entitled attitude is so disgusting. What makes you entitled to one of these devices without a wait time? Since when are you entitled to one of them at all? If you have such disdain for the company, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! It's simple buddy...yet here you are, drinking the poison koolaid you're running around like a retard trying to "warn" everyone about.

Now, I think you're taking yourself way too seriously. I think you take all of this to seriously. I also think you have to wake up (I didn't say grow up) and think about what you are talking about. Apple is just a company. They make a lot of money. They make "stuff". Lots of companies make stuff. While it may be interesting today, it will be boring in a year and totally forgotten in 5. In fact, all of us will totally be forgotten in a hundred years or so. So, lets just calm down and not worried about who you think feels entitled or not. The problem with the Internet is that people talk to each other and say the most outrageous things that they would never say to anyone in person. And if you really think you know what the person online you are talking to is all about - think again. You have no clue about the person posting next. And don't think that you do.

And the executives you mention .... have you ever met one? Have you ever been one? Have you ever been in the same room as one? Its not as it all appears. Not even close.

xandrik

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Chill out peeps! Let the man have an opinion. As strange as it is, he's entitled to one without a lashing.

So, I received shipping confirmation emails this morning. One is coming from China, and the other from Tennessee.

Now go get some nachos!

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site

Murphy5156

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine left Anchorage Alaska at 6:15 PM on Tuesday, but no updates since then....still shows delivery tomorrow though. I can't imagine how hard it must be to update all these deliveries in a timely manner. I have to believe my phone is sitting in KY or GA by this point even though there's nothing on UPS.com to validate that. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro