Apple Charging Dock

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet (or I just missed it).

Apple has released its very own Watch perch: meet the Magnetic Charging Dock. Fork over $79 and you'll get a plastic, Lightning-powered saucer that can power the Apple Watch either flat (when you just need a resting place) or upright (if you're using WatchOS 2's nightstand mode).

Engadget Article

apple-watch-official-dock.jpg

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet (or I just missed it).

Apple has released its very own Watch perch: meet the Magnetic Charging Dock. Fork over $79 and you'll get a plastic, Lightning-powered saucer that can power the Apple Watch either flat (when you just need a resting place) or upright (if you're using WatchOS 2's nightstand mode).

Engadget Article

View attachment 98562

ill keep my phone and watch combo bamboo 10 dollar dock lol

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been half debating about buying this. But the price point is just a little hard to swallow at this time. I have an addiction to buying actual Apple accessories though. Theres just something about them that are superior 90% of the time.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I picked it up and it is worth every penny.

Dock $79... BUT, it comes with a 3m Lighting cable ($39) and an integrated charging puck ($29)

So really the dock is not over priced. Also the lighting cable is thicker than the others that I have from Apple so that is a bonus as well.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I agree completely. I scoffed at the Apple Watch Dock at first, but then I saw on at an Apple Store. Somebody else asked to see it and a rep pulled it out of it's box to show it off. Walked right out with one, not an hour after lambasting it on another forum. :redface:

There are a ton of cheaper options, all of which will charge the watch. But the Apple one is nicer. High quality, very luxe.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I picked it up and it is worth every penny.

Dock $79... BUT, it comes with a 3m Lighting cable ($39) and an integrated charging puck ($29)

So really the dock is not over priced. Also the lighting cable is thicker than the others that I have from Apple so that is a bonus as well.

I frowned upon it at first also but now knowing what comes with it seems to be worth it. Thanks for sharing that!

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I frowned upon it at first also but now knowing what comes with it seems to be worth it. Thanks for sharing that!

Hey DM -

I think we have some common roots. Weren't you a big Symbian fan back in the day? I was a Symbian Ambassador once upon a time. That was in the days before smartphones were really smartphones. That was a special time in mobile tech. Nokia ruled the world!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73