Apple Care - Technical Support phone support - From A+++ straight to an F----

TMav

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else been having a horrible time recently with Apple Care technical support? They used to be completely awesome and I would highly recommend Apple Care to anyone not only for the extended warranty, but for the additional phone support.

It was very easy to be routed to the correct person to help via the computer prompts, expecially with voice pass set up. Wait times were always very minimal

Now, even after answering all the prompts to be routed, you are connected to someone who has to once again route the call. So you have two wait times to get to someone who can help. And wait times have been extremely long. The other day I literally waited an hour and a half to get to someone to help. I understand the iPhone 6 and Yosemite recently came out. But this also says something about their product quality if they call volume has increased that dramatically.

Then the technical knowledge of the Apple Care technical support representative is very poor. Really, it used to be pretty good. But the people answering the calls now don't seem to know very much and just go though some script which messes things up like always wanting to set you iPhone back to system default settings for any problem. It rarely fixes the problem and causes other things once working as you wanted to stop working.

Just venting here a little and was wondering if anyone else noticed the recent huge drop in quality of Apple Care technical phone support. It's really a shame because to me Apple was really the last company that I know of to offer any good support. But now it's the run of the mill support that's completely useless and diminishes the point of paying into the Apple ecosystem. Seems like Apple is tearing itself apart in every way! Perhaps I just had isolated success previously with Apple Care. But with my recent experiences with Apple Care technical support, I really don't think I'll be buying into it in the future. To me, my recent experiences with Apple Care are just an echo of deeper issues within the company.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have no issue with the quality of their phone support, but I will have to agree about the longer wait times. Perhaps that’s a by-product of their popularity, I can’t say for sure.

I still get excellent customer service and tech support via phone as well as at the Genius Bar in the Apple Stores.

TMav

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, I just got off the phone with technical support and though I had a long wait time they were good at helping me.

I was venting a little even though much of what I stated is true. My guess is both popularity and the release of Yosemite have increased wait times. I have had them want me to reset my iPhone to factory default settings several times as a blanket attempt to fix some issue which to me is frustrating having to reset my phone back up how I want every time I call.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Thankfully I haven't had to ever call Apple's tech support for any issues with my iDevices or even my MacBook.

It has gotten some getting used to for me with Yosemite and if I've had some issue I've had it resolved just by getting an answer here or doing a Google search. I wish more people took to using that method so they don't clog up the phone lines for the people who have real issues that do require tech support.

By the way, OP, I'm not pointing the finger at you at all. I'm just getting at why tech support must get littered with phone calls.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Google is your friend. And fast too. I couldn't imagine a more frustrating job than working tech phone support.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've use the Chat option the last few times I needed support. Wait times are minimal and the responses received were good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73