Apple Bumper Case Shipping Problem?

Pr3mier

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
So I received the email from Apple saying the free case has been shipped. They give me a tracking number with an expected delivery date of 8/26. A couple of days ago I go onto DHL's website to track and it says the item left Millington, TN, not far from Memphis. Then the item got transferred to USPS and so I used the number to track the item there. For some reason, they say the package was sent to Georgia on the 23rd. THEN it went back to Memphis,TN on the 25th. The status says: Shipment Accepted. Whats the dealio?
btw... I live in Louisiana so if it was in Georgia on the 23rd, it should have been here by 26th don't you think? I'll give it a few more days and then I'll probably contact Apple. I hate DHL...:mad:

USPS

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My shipping for a different case has done the same thing... I honestly think their tracking is just jacked up. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My shipping for my free bumper did the same, except it started from IL and not TN. Then after 2 days of not even updating it was in my mail box. It's some issue with DHL transfering it to USPS, which I don't know why Apple didn't just start with USPS or DHL all the way.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
My shipping for my free bumper did the same, except it started from IL and not TN. Then after 2 days of not even updating it was in my mail box. It's some issue with DHL transfering it to USPS, which I don't know why Apple didn't just start with USPS or DHL all the way.

Its because they're shipping them from wherever they're stored to a distribution center. Its probably a separate shipping channel from normal Apple store orders, so they're having to use the middleman to get it from that warehouse to the shipping facility.

Its some logistical thing. Even though it doesn't make sense, its probably more efficient for them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh