Apple building it's own Mapping solution for iOS5?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If they release something that is truly great, then it'll be a very nice addition because it is something that is distinctively being used a lot more with todays smart phones and apps...but if it's just development for the sake of saying "We have our own", to me, there are things they need to put focus on outside of this...

But honestly, i'll never be unhappy with new features...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it will be in the initial release of iOS 5. While it's still beta 1, to integrate that at this stage would take some more time than what they have (assuming it comes out in September). Maybe 5.2, but not the initial release.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If they would only bring Google Navigation to iOS I would be completely satisfied with the default map application.

Travisimo

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
It was already announced some time ago that Apple is sticking with Google maps for now, so I wouldn't expect an Apple mapping solution until iOS 6 or at least some time next year. Too bad they don't at least update the current Google maps app though! There's no way Google's going to let them use Google Navigation because that's one of Android's killer-app features. I'll stick with Motion-X for now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen