Apple AR glasses are coming — but today's smart glasses can tell us why they need to do better

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
There are a lot of "smart" glasses on the market. Here's what Apple can learn from them as it preps to launch an AR/VR headset. Full story from the iMore Blog...

There have been several cases of people wearing smart glasses being battered ! In public and in restaurants and bars,people do not like the idea of being filmed or recorded. It is bad enough that there are official cameras everywhere, without every Tom,**** and Harriet sticking them in your face !

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
“What Apple can learn”? How about Not to put out glasses like this, that are simply a camera and/or audio device mounted on glasses?
I don’t know what wotchered said is widespread or media hype but the point is valid. Glasses mounted clandestine cameras is not a product I’m looking for and not one I’d like to see in wide use in public.

A wide afoot rumor said Apple was working on glasses with an autofocus system. It’ll adjust to your vision in varying scenarios. That’s a product for Apple. Glasses that can focus on an AR overlay screen to navigate/edit, select music or a video — using visual inputs. Imho only, I hope Apple doesn’t go the “cameras on glasses” route.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
There have been several cases of people wearing smart glasses being battered ! In public and in restaurants and bars,people do not like the idea of being filmed or recorded. It is bad enough that there are official cameras everywhere, without every Tom,**** and Harriet sticking them in your face !

Ha ha ! now I can’t even use common sayings because of a hypersensitive algorithm ! this whole internet thing is becoming more user unfriendly and censorious by the minute !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73