Apple appears to have been hacked

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
A group of hackers has taken credit for hacking into Apple's system and downloaded user files. May be a good time for everyone to change their passwords to be safe. Just my $0.02

Apple Hacked

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There may be something to this... most of Apple.com appears to be down at this time. I cannot log into the developer site (developer.apple.com) or the user forums (daw.apple.com) or iCloud (icloud.com)...

YMMV

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Their infiltration was probably very minor, and was not this dramatic exposure they are trying to make it out to be...looking at the wording of their "message", they are a group trying to make a name for themselves, and because of this, anything they do is going to be amplified as detrimental as it can be (even if it wasn't remotely as bad as they claim). Personally, groups that make these petty gestures after the fact really don't present that much of a concern to a big group. It's the silent ones that never speak of it, those are the ones they are worried about.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
As big as Apple is and as serious as they are about security I bet if it was anything, it was like a crack to a brick wall. Of course the hackers are going to try to make it seem like it's bigger than it really is.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have to lol at the number of 111-111-1111's in the pastebins the "hackers" posted.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
As big as Apple is and as serious as they are about security I bet if it was anything, it was like a crack to a brick wall. Of course the hackers are going to try to make it seem like it's bigger than it really is.

Eh apple isn't as good with security as you think...

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Eh apple isn't as good with security as you think...

This is true. Lets talk about iTunes security as an example.

You know how you are limited to creating a limited number of iCloud accounts per device? Know why the iTunes store no longer accepts prepaid debit cards such as those prepaid AMEx and Visa cards at 7-11?

Well, they used to accept any of those cards and as long as you had a balance of at least two dollars and had a nice collection of those cards, you could create an iTunes account using those cards. When you create an account, Apple places a $1 hold on the card just to verify that the card is valid. You could then immediately buy up to $37 worth of videos, apps or whatever you wanted and they would immediately start downloading. Within a few minutes, iTunes would then try and charge the card and find that there was insufficient funds but by then, you already have everything downloaded.

If you had more than one iDevice or computer, you could do this all week as long as you didn't use the same card or iDevice to create an account more then twice in 7 days. This is why you had a collection of lots of those debit cards.

Apple became aware that this was going on with people after some people doing this for 5 years or more and then became very strict.

Now there is a way to bypass the activation lock for jailbroken devices on 7.0.X.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Please post where you got that info cause I very highly doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, the thread has been deleted from macRumors because it was made public knowledge and people would know that it could be bypassed. It included full instructions. The video is still on YouTube. Hopefully it's been reported to Apple as well so they can fix this to make it impossible to bypass.

I have the full instructions still because I replied in that thread and quoted the OP so the quoted post was emailed to me in a forum reply notification.

It was only a matter of time once the 7.0.X Jailbreak was released.

Last edited by a moderator:

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, the thread has been deleted from macRumors because it was made public knowledge and people would know that it could be bypassed. It included full instructions. The video is still on YouTube. Hopefully it's been reported to Apple as well so they can fix this to make it impossible to bypass.

I have the full instructions still because I replied in that thread and quoted the OP so the quoted post was emailed to me in a forum reply notification.

It was only a matter of time once the 7.0.X Jailbreak was released.

First I should of said to pm me the link (that was my fault) and you should remove the link cause the mod will remove it.

And it looks like it's only for the iPhone 4 which is easy to do anyway. I do have a theory in my mind that I might try that might work with all iOS devices (but I'm not sharing my theory nor will I ever post it if it works).

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok well, they removed my whole post but in the video, it mentions that the iPhone 4s, 5 and 5S hack is just around the corner.

Anyways, sorry to the mods, figured you guys would remove it if you felt it should be.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok well, they removed my whole post but in the video, it mentions that the iPhone 4s, 5 and 5S hack is just around the corner.

Anyways, sorry to the mods, figured you guys would remove it if you felt it should be.

Well I don't think anyone was expecting that reply. But once I saw it I knew it would be removed quickly after checking the link. Also if anyone asks for that link don't give it to them.