Apple accused of 'sexism'

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Folks just looking for something to rant about. I don't see how one goes from a demo like that to being offended. If the demo had used a dog, PETA would be pitching a fit. A pet rock may have been safe. Maybe.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Folks have nothing better to do but trip on Twitter about this. If enough people trip on Twitter it's news lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's a play right out of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals playbook a certain segment of the political populace plays by.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
They have up'd the ratio of female presenters. Which is cool.

I cringed at that article and others as well.

I still think there is room for improvement on overall diversity. Awful lot of white men still IMHO.

Related: To just say "I'm tired of all this political correctness" stuff discount that historically there has been a lot of opportunity inequality. It really minimizes the efforts to improve. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

So for example we can't just recognize that there are more woman presenting and in key rolls and separately also shake our heads at articles implying Apple thinks women don't smile. It's a weird collision of Apple hating link bate and social justice.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm not one to use the term "political correctness" as much as people use it. I think there is a certain standard that society should uphold when it comes things like this. Adobe in no way demeaned women. This issue in particular is nothing more than good old fashioned nitpicking. Someone being offended at something like this is way out of the realm of political correctness. Society is starting to feel like an episode of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
As a woman, and a damn militant one at that, I wasn't the least bit offended.
I just wish they'd used Kristen Stewart. I'd love to see how she'd look with a smile.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
As a woman, and a damn militant one at that, I wasn't the least bit offended.
I just wish they'd used Kristen Stewart. I'd love to see how she'd look with a smile.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Well, maybe not! LOL
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441975179.620151.jpg

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
This is such a NON story. Things get photoshopped in ads ALL the time. I don't know the percent but I would venture to say it VERY high the amount of print (magazine ads in particular) ads that get photoshopped. This is only a story because a it's Apple and b people are making it a story. It's......

PS I know Judy is actually talking about something else, but she would think this is ridiculous too!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro