App Store apps not downloading or updating today

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed an issue today? I havent had any issues before, but today, every app says waiting if I try to download. I have logged out and back into the store, shut down, forced shut down, reset all settings. reset network settings. Wondering if its an issue fore more than one person.

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
nevermind, I guess I got hit with this bug for the first time. This was my solution

Hold your finger on the icon of the app that is stuck on waiting, until wiggle mode is enabled, and remove the app
Plug in your iOS device to iTunes and sync
Reinstall the application from the App Store and installs and upgrades should work again

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
nevermind, I guess I got hit with this bug for the first time. This was my solution

Hold your finger on the icon of the app that is stuck on waiting, until wiggle mode is enabled, and remove the app
Plug in your iOS device to iTunes and sync
Reinstall the application from the App Store and installs and upgrades should work again

Thanks for the follow-up. Anyway, one of the first things I check if I detect a problem with Apple's services is go to its System Status page via the following link:

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...om%2Fsupport%2Fsystemstatus%2F&token=1XwhPbR_

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
others had this issue from what ive read on other forums. i had 2 apps today also all of a sudden not auto update. i had to do it manually. must be some kind of network glitch.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
others had this issue from what ive read on other forums. i had 2 apps today also all of a sudden not auto update. i had to do it manually. must be some kind of network glitch.

I have an app that has an update that I did not want to do. It's been showing the red 1 on my app store icon. updated to ios 7 today and the (1) is gone. the app is still the old version (which I wanted) but the app store says all apps are up to date. :cant-watch: weird. I have the auto update turned OFF so it won't get rid of it, but it should still at least say there is an update available as it has in ios 6.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have an app that has an update that I did not want to do. It's been showing the red 1 on my app store icon. updated to ios 7 today and the (1) is gone. the app is still the old version (which I wanted) but the app store says all apps are up to date. :cant-watch: weird. I have the auto update turned OFF so it won't get rid of it, but it should still at least say there is an update available as it has in ios 6.

It's doing the same thing on iOS6 - I posted about it in another thread earlier because I wasn't sure where to put it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
NP. I'm undecided if the app store is just overloaded or if Apple broke something today.

I’m going with "overloaded". It was working very well earlier... now, like the rest of the Apple universe, it’s getting slammed. At least I hope that’s the issue.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've seen it before, also found out I couldn't update certain apps until I installed iOS 7 and even after that I had to go to purchased under updates and click open on all the iOS 7 ready apps for them to install the iOS 7 versions.

Blazin' Tap Tap Tappity To You

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro