App removed from AppStore and lost my data

giorgosh

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
So I’ve been using a free app from App Store to track all my expenses and income the last 3 years, which was taking a backup on iCloud and every time I was reporting my iPhone or bought a new one all my data was easily there.
However a couple of weeks ago I backed up and restored my iPhone in order to gain some free space but that app was not able to download anymore. The app shortcut still exists as an icon in my iPhone with the iCloud icon next to it, however when I tap to download it sais “the app could not be installed”
I searched for it on App Store and it’s been removed since a newer version was out which offers no migration.
Checked my iCloud backups from iPhone and the data is still there (around 450mb) but without any info on it.
Contacted the developer and after tons of emails they replied that the app support has been stopped and they will try to find a solution, however I struggle to believe them.
Contacted iTunes support and they keep replying nonsense as if some robot is answering my emails.

what else would you suggest ?
Is there anyway to re install the app and manage to load my expenses and then try to export them from the app?
I remember with older versions of iTunes I could install the ipa files that were save in my PC but can’t find such an option on current version of iTunes but also cannot find where the ipa files are stored.

What would you guys suggest except from starting using a new expenses tracking application?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When you last backed up, was the app icon still on your screen with your info intact? Did you restore with that back up? Which iPhone do you use? If the app was removed from your purchased list, there may not be a way to get it. So much has changed in how Apple and iTunes handles app data and back ups, I'm not real sure how it works. I thought if it was in your back up, and you restored with that back up, the info would be there. But maybe not, if it's no longer in the app store or in your purchased list.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So I’ve been using a free app from App Store to track all my expenses and income the last 3 years, which was taking a backup on iCloud and every time I was reporting my iPhone or bought a new one all my data was easily there.
However a couple of weeks ago I backed up and restored my iPhone in order to gain some free space but that app was not able to download anymore. The app shortcut still exists as an icon in my iPhone with the iCloud icon next to it, however when I tap to download it sais “the app could not be installed”
I searched for it on App Store and it’s been removed since a newer version was out which offers no migration.
Checked my iCloud backups from iPhone and the data is still there (around 450mb) but without any info on it.
Contacted the developer and after tons of emails they replied that the app support has been stopped and they will try to find a solution, however I struggle to believe them.
Contacted iTunes support and they keep replying nonsense as if some robot is answering my emails.

Is there anyway to re install the app and manage to load my expenses and then try to export them from the app?
I remember with older versions of iTunes I could install the ipa files that were save in my PC but can’t find such an option on current version of iTunes but also cannot find where the ipa files are stored.

What would you guys suggest except from starting using a new expenses tracking application?

Maybe this is same as saying use a new way, but make sure you know how you can alway have your data. The time tracking app I use for example does backup via Dropbox and OneDrive plus exports are common data format and QuickBooks interchange format. I don't expect either of .csv files or QuickBooks to disappear the way other apps could.

I also use Excel. I'm quite sure Microsoft's last earnings call said 200,000,000+ daily users for paid tier Office 365 users. My Office 365 subscription is powerful and a good value.

Thus, even with the great time and expense app I use looking like not much development going on these days, it could die and I live with that strategy. Every entry made is also in my accounting and productivity systems that are major players.

I'm not saying I do not use free or free version of apps but I just do not trust most free apps because I'm also not a fan of my use data as their source of income.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Without the actual ipa file, the answer is no. With that being said, look for an app or a method to convert the associated file(s) to something like an excel file or another popular format as stated above.

giorgosh

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Without the actual ipa file, the answer is no. With that being said, look for an app or a method to convert the associated file(s) to something like an excel file or another popular format as stated above.

If the developer emails me the ipa can i install it via iTunes?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77