App Library, nice but . . .

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OK, so this brings up a question for me, and I'm rather embarrassed to even ask. I have several folders. If I delete them, and the apps located in them, would they still show up in my App Library?

Yes, but not necessarily in the same folder name.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but not necessarily in the same folder name.

Understood, but that doesn't bother me! I really like being able to swiping to see a list of all the Apps in the library. That way, if I can't easily find an app that I'm looking for, I can find it alphabetically!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No, the folders in the app library are not how I would want mine. My folders work just fine. I can see how this is good for those who don't use folders, especially if they have so many apps it takes several screen pages. How many screen pages were you using? 15 or 20?

Nope, only 9 pages before I started making widget pages. I have to use those 256gb some how and I like apps. . My question is...how do you have your personal folders categorize if it's not done like the App Library. You can only have so many favorites, that would be the only way I wouldn't categorize my personal apps into one or two folders. Your apps must be all over the place

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
maybe handy too (but probabaly known already):

• tap & hold free space on any home screen (as if you would want to move icons around, or add widgets...)
  • then tap on the dots at the screens bottom (which should now be greyed out, kinda)
  • on the now showing home screen overview/map, uncheck one or more screens and...
  • ...all apps on that screen will go to the app library, and the screen will be gone.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
maybe handy too (but probabaly known already):

• tap & hold free space on any home screen (as if you would want to move icons around, or add widgets...)
  • then tap on the dots at the screens bottom (which should now be greyed out, kinda)
  • on the now showing home screen overview/map, uncheck one or more screens and...
  • ...all apps on that screen will go to the app library, and the screen will be gone.

P.S. as I stated in another post already, the option to move entire screens to different positions on this overview/map, would be a terrific additional feature.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I can't speak for everyone, however my apps in the Apple App Library are in the right category folders. It's where I would put them. Not sure what all the fuss is about.
8824ffc78735235595c058f9fb8c01fd.jpg

I’m getting used to it. Deleted my folders so I was forced to use it.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I will go on the record as IMHO, at least on iPhone , maybe not iPad ‘yet’, the addition of widgets & app library makes the iOS14 update the most significant since iOS7 shipped with the iPhone 5S in 2013. That interface has been the foundation of all upgrades since , with their ups & downs, plusses & minuses, but the iOS evolution is now a revolution.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I will go on the record as IMHO, at least on iPhone , maybe not iPad ‘yet’, the addition of widgets & app library makes the iOS14 update the most significant since iOS7 shipped with the iPhone 5S in 2013. That interface has been the foundation of all upgrades since , with their ups & downs, plusses & minuses, but the iOS evolution is now a revolution.

I totally agree

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
How many screen pages were you using? 15 or 20?

This made me laugh so hard

Nope, only 9 pages before I started making widget pages. I have to use those 256gb some how and I like apps. .

9 pages I would have been on anxiety overload

I’m getting used to it. Deleted my folders so I was forced to use it.

I deleted mine too. I just have the Today screen with a few widgets, an empty home screen, & the App Library. So far I’m content!

Totally agree!!!

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

Yep I agree. I love Siri and use it to control my smarthome. I’ve also got into shortcut creation and scripting and with iOS14 the possibilities are huge now, so I’m excited to see what I can create with it.

I understand the use of the App Library now I’ve played with it for a bit. I do have apps of a similar nature in different folders though, which I find annoying. So for me it’s not a feature I’m going to use regularly, but I will appreciate it for the times I do need it.

But as people have said in this thread, we have the choice to use features or to not choose features, just like we have the choice to use an iPhone or an Android phone.

And isn’t choice a wonderful thing?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR