App for writing on PDF's, PowerPoints, etc.

RomeyyRomeee

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm a student, and I just got a new ipad 2 :D , I want to start taking notes on it, but most of my professors send out PowerPoint slides for us to write notes on. I was wondering if there is an app that would allow me to directly write notes on these slides? (I'm using a stylus with my iPad.)

Sorry if this question has been asked before. If it has, a link to the thread with the answer would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
For PDF edits I use PDF Expert
For anything MS Office related for now I use QuickOffice & CloudOn

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Adobe PDF lets u write on PDF and full in forms as far as PowerPoint slides go I'm not sure

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

DKLongview

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't know any apps that are geared directly for compatibility with PowerPoint, but I suppose what you can do is convert the PowerPoint documents into PDF, and use one of many apps that support PDF annotations.

With great reluctance because of the 9.99 price tag, I purchased the iAnnotate app. It's really a game changer in my opinion because of so many ways you can customize making it easier for you to make notes on. Underlining, crossing out, highlighting, adding note stickers is super easy. Honestly, for a productivity app that really lives up to what it claims, I highly recommend iAnnotate.

Separately, although NoteShelf is one of my favorite apps for digital handwriting, I tried just taking a screen shot and just pasting the image onto the notebook to add notes this way, but the quality of the images diminish to a great extent. So for annotating purposes,I can't recommend NoteShelf.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to write on the office docs with cloudon and quick office ?

Yes to all, but have not tried Powerpoint (as someone mentions below) Here are my office apps. Sounds like the ones I colored Blue and put in Bold may be good ones for your needs.

Business
QuickOffice
Skitch
PogoPlug
Splashtop
HoursTracker
eWallet
PDF Expert
PDF Reader
Easy Sign
JotNot Pro

Writing & Art