App for Word document annotations?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow, it's been awhile since I posted in the forums. Guess that means I've had no problems, right? Right. ;)

Anywho, I know there are a number of apps that allow for PDF annotations, but what about apps permitting Word document annotations? Are there apps that offer such a service? I haven't run across any in my searches and could use a suggestion or two. The students at my school upload their papers in DOC format, and while I typically type out my comments (usually on my iPad), a colleague and I were speaking yesterday about apps that would permit handwritten comments on DOC files. Ideally, I'd love an app that connects to Dropbox and that allows me to mark up Word documents and then sync them back to Dropbox.

Any help from the community would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that suggestion. I use Evernote (I love it) for my own notes and stuff (web clippings, etc.), but I'm looking for more of a document manager, something like Goodreader but that allows DOC annotations.

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked at CloudOn? I've used it for a couple of months, and had pretty good luck with it. I generally only edit my own docs, but it seems to support annotations.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Notability is an excellent iPad app for what you seek, but, unless I'm mistaken, you would still have to import the DOC files to .pdf format.

Donna111

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
HI there
Yeah,i know there are a number of apps that allow for PDF annotations.For the apps permitting Word document annotations,i am also looking for that.I only know how to annotate word document using a word program on my computer.And i want to know that if there is any app which supports to do the word document annotations offline?Thanks for any suggestion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragelinaEt