Anyone's order changed to preparing for shipment?

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the 6 at about 3:05 am on Friday through Verizon. They just sent me a shipping email with a tracking number and the estimated delivery is now for Thursday the 18th. So I guess it's possible I'll have it a day early? Definitely not complaining but I'm surprised.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
My space gray 128gb iPhone 6plus showed a 2-3 week expected shipping when I preordered it through AT&T at 3:30am. The confirmation email then said 3-4 weeks. Just checked the order status and it says expected ship date of Novemeber 22-29th. Grrrrrrr.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
You might have better luck through Apple directly if you can. I noticed that AT&T's site was showing longer delays earlier than the Apple Store was. I initially tried through AT&T's site when I couldn't get the Apple Store website to come up, and right from the start AT&T was showing 2-3 weeks minimum.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if I would be wasting my time by pre ordering now since most orders placed are backed up as of now. I have to work next Friday so I will try my luck at the Verizon Store sometime that evening.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I ordered at 2:50 am from Verizon. Got the 128 gig gold Plus. Got an email an hour later confirming delivery on 9/19. Website shows no delivery info. I called and the rep said her system shows that I will be getting it on 9/19 and I should get an email soon!

jdlindsey7

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a 6+ 64GB (silver) and 6+ 64GB (gold) from the Apple Store app and both are "preparing for shipment" with a delivery date of 9/19.

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine says "preparing for shipment." I ordered a 6 plus 64gb Verizon model using the Apple store app at about 12:40am PDT on launch day (I am up then anyway). The order says deliver by 9/19. But I had to use the app to see changed status - the text alerts are not happening for me. The only thing that worked to buy from Apple that night was the Apple app and not a browser, as I had two laptops and an iPad using two different ISP's. I think Apple put quotas on certain geographical areas (determined by IP addresses) to spread out sales. I also think their area of purchase allocations was what messed up that night. I also suspect that Asian countries got more 6 plus allocations - as Apple wanted to snatch that market from Samsung and friends.

My experience with my last 4 pre-orders is that (for me) they have always shipped from China (iPhone 5 and S, iPad Air, and iPad mini Retina). When you track them they seem like they won't arrive on time, but they always do. I think Apple has the carriers hold onto them to deliver on the 9/19 launch day. My fedEx driver told me that they had standing orders to hold on to any Apple shipment if they got one to deliver early. I think the devices are coded with carrier tracking to control delivery. I have heard of some arriving a day or two early anyway, but I expect that won't happen this time. Supposedly Apple has "taken over" all the air cargo out of China for a while. Hopefully their mistakes on pre-order day will be offset by competent logistics.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Darn it. Mine still says Processing Order. It still has the 9/19 delivers date, but I really wish it would move to the preparing for shipment phase...

jonquiljo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Darn it. Mine still says Processing Order. It still has the 9/19 delivers date, but I really wish it would move to the preparing for shipment phase...

I'm assuming you purchased from the Apple store. If so, don't worry. If you need to confirm make sure they hit your credit card. Even a $1 pre-auth on your card is indication of a pending charge. Some cards only show the $1 pre-auth rather than the whole bill. My card authorized the full amount, as the are all different. I would only worry if it doesn't say "shipped" by Wednesday. I bet they are shipping 5 million phones now all at once. So some things do not always immediately update.

Apple has already shown us in the last week that they can make good devices, but has trouble using the Internet. Good luck!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner