Anyone wishing they had gone with the 7 instead of the 7 Plus?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
One of our residents came in today with his new 7+ It's the first time I got to hold one that was not tethered to a display at Apple or AT&T. It's just too big for me. I am 5' 7" and he is 6' 2" and it is even big in his hands. I love the camera, but it's just too big IMHO.

ronreid76

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Nope, my 7+ will be delivered today. Might send it back though because there isn't a jailbreak solution and my 6s+ is unlocked too....

I never had this debate with Android... LOL

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
In answer to the OP's question...no, and I am shocked by my answer. I had the 6+ last year and found it uncomfortable to carry and hard to use one-handed. This year, I had the 7 until the 12th day of my 14-day return window...and returned the 7 for a 7 Plus, purely on a whim. As soon as I put it into my pocket I thought I had made a mistake...but after almost a month of daily, all-day use I am totally satisfied with the size and performance. In fact, even if I had to...I'd have problems going back to a smaller phone. I really love it.

That said, I can't wait for the iPhone 8 (or whatever it's going to be called) to drop next year. If Apple can retain the 5.5" screen size, and lose the huge bezels above and below the screen...it'll be perfect!!

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have the 7+ and my father-in-law has the 7, after messing around with his for a few hours at a family dinner, NOPE! I came from a 5s so it took awhile to get adjusted to the size but now that I am the 7 itself feels tiny.

rong21

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
My issue is typing on the smaller version. I would go smaller if I could type on it as fast as I can on my 6S+. I end up with jumbled words all the time.

Anyone else find typing on the smaller version harder? If so anything you do to alleviates that issue?

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
When I first time tried to type with the plus version I was amazed by the typing experience on it. After that every other typing is mediocre. Even SwiftKey is less accurate.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm used to bigger phones having owned ALL the Galaxy's and Notes except the Note 7.
I love the 7 and 7 Plus, but I mostly love the 7+ for the camera, if the 7 had the same camera I'd be still owning the 7.
I've been using slim cases on my 7+ but I do go naked sometimes, I ordered some skins/wraps that should arrive in the next day or two.
If the skins/wraps work that should make the oversized footprint of the Plus more manageable and be the next best thing to naked.
Right now the 7 Plus is my daily driver but I could easily see myself going back to the 7.
Cheers
Davyo

hinesmj

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
No way. Love the larger size. I came from a 5s so the change was immense. It took me about a day to really get used to it. Now I doubt I could go back.

As for tips, make sure you're utilizing the function where if you double tap the home button (not click, tap), it drops everything down so you can reach it one handed.

Anastayja1

Trusted Member
Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
My previous phones before the 7 plus were the Nexus 6 and Nexus 6P. I prefer phones with larger screens and could never go back to something smaller. I saw the 7 in Bestbuy and was like I don't know how anyone can use a phone that small.

bobpet63

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
There is no way I could go back. I gave my 6 to my son. The other day I looked at it after using 7+ for 4 months now. It seemed so small. I could never go back.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I love the size of the iPhone 7 because it fits in a pocket really well and it feels better in hand; however, the iPhone 7 Plus has much larger battery and it comes with the second rear camera, more RAM, and a larger screen.

I hate trade-offs.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I really like how the 7 feels in hand. But, as previously stated, the 7 Plus has a bigger battery, and I am a huge power user. The screen real estate is worth the dropping of the phone in my face when I'm laying in bed. And I really do use the camera, a lot. I don't think I've had a separate camera for about five years now thanks to the advances in camera technology on phones, and I think the one on the 7 Plus is business.

dgwphotography

Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I've contemplated going down to the 7, because it just feels so right in my hand. The larger battery, better camera, more RAM, and amazing screen has prevented me from making the switch.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I really like how the 7 feels in hand. But, as previously stated, the 7 Plus has a bigger battery, and I am a huge power user. The screen real estate is worth the dropping of the phone in my face when I'm laying in bed. And I really do use the camera, a lot. I don't think I've had a separate camera for about five years now thanks to the advances in camera technology on phones, and I think the one on the 7 Plus is business.
What is this "separate camera" that you speak of?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR