Anyone wishing they had gone with the 7 instead of the 7 Plus?

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm "stuck" on the plus models now (from 6 to 6s, and now 7). I love the size of the 7 model (especially without any bulky cases), but the cameras are always better/more feature packed on the Plus side, and once you get used to never worrying about battery during the day (6:00am to 11:00pm) you just can't go back to the regular size.

Here's hoping for 2017 Apple learns from Samsung (yes, I said that) and puts a 5.7" AMOLED into a smaller body (like the Note 7). There have been exciting rumors that the iP8 Pro will be ALL SCREEN - no bezel in any direction - so look at your Plus and imagine the greatness of it being no larger than the active portion of the screen - THAT would be absolute heaven as a user.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i know, right? same here. not getting any younger. my next phone will most definitly be a + :)

I just use the Zoom setting on the phone, made the fonts "bold" and sized them up 1-2 sizes and it works for my eyes. Even w/o using my reading glasses.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
No way.
Full disclosure, I've got a personal SE, last year's 6s Plus, this year's 7 Plus, and a work issues 6.
The SE is great fun to use but it is cramped. The 6 is adequate for work because it is just work.
The Plus is the perfect personal size.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Originally Posted by erwaso
Nope. Last 2 phones were 5.5 inch. Can't go any lower
Not totally true. I have an iPhone SE which is 4" size. Just doesn't have all the features like 3D Touch.

He/she was probably talking about his/here last two phones being 5.5" displays and that he/she can't go to a smaller screen for whatever reason.

I now wear glasses with progressive lenses and a 5s is fine for me. So the SE was a logical upgrade, but I think I want the sheer horsepower of the 7. As I've been on the s cycle since the 3Gs, I may wait for the 7s, but I'll need bigger pants pockets.

The SE will probably always be a step or two behind the 'numbered' lines so I'll just have to bite the bullet and upsize my upgrade. But no way will I go Plus.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the size of this device. Kind of wishing I may have gone with the smaller counterpart. Anyone else feel the same? Any tips for a first time Plus owner that's thinking about swapping to the smaller one?

That is why I chose the 7. Just could never get used to the large size. If apple trimmed the bezels I would go with the plus, but the plus is huge compared to similar 5.5" screened devices. I like the added features, but for me the one handed usability makes it an easier choice for me, especially now that the 7 has OIS.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I enjoy bigger screened phones and the 7+ battery life is amazing for me. I also enjoy the better camera and slightly better screen resolution.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my 7+ tonight at the Apple Store and ALMOST got the 7 instead for the size how much better it fit in my pocket but I've had my 6+ for 2 years now and just simply can't go back to the smaller screen.

The selling pints for me:
-Battery
-Camera
-Screen real estate
-Go big or go home

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Well. I did it. I exchanged my silver 7 Plus for a black 7. No regrets so far. It's easier to use one handed for sure.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well. I did it. I exchanged my silver 7 Plus for a black 7. No regrets so far. It's easier to use one handed for sure.

Do not tell me that, I am going to beat myself up for the next 14 days (or whatever Apple's return policy is).
Its just really hard to go from the large screen, slightly better battery and dual camera to the regular 7 just for the size and how much easier it is to pocket.

Le Caid

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the size of this device. Kind of wishing I may have gone with the smaller counterpart. Anyone else feel the same? Any tips for a first time Plus owner that's thinking about swapping to the smaller one?

You'll get used to it. Besides, the 7 hasn't got the two super lenses which is the reason most opted for the 7 Plus

rudyalexc

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
iPhone 4s ->
iPhone 5s ->
iPhone 6s ->
iPhone 7 Plus

I got the 7 Plus 8 days ago, and now whenever I pick up my old 6s, it feels TINY. I don't think the 5.5-inch screen is for everyone, but I am fairly short and have smaller hands, and I got adjusted no problem. Just takes a while to get used to it is all, give it a few days. And use it as you would any normal phone

obiwein

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

Friends of mine ended up doing the exact same thing with 6+ and 6S+. Convinced me ahead of time not to try the 7+ even though the camera is tempting.

dstrauss

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Now that my iPhone has completely replaced my old Nikon DX40 (I'll never be Ansel Adams) - camera is the premiere necessity, and without a doubt the dual lenses of the 7Plus make it mandatory for me. If they improve those in the 8Plus (or iPhone X, or whatever they call it) I guess I'll be on the upgrade treadmill forever...

Fascinating how the industry has come full circle back to the 60's where you leased that pretty Princess phone - you couldn't even buy one if you wanted...

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little upset I didn't get the 7 first this way if I didn't like it I could go back to a plus but I got the 7+ first so if I did switch to the 7, that's what I'll be stuck with for 12 months.

Going to hit the Apple Store this afternoon to check the regular 7 out one more time and play with it for 10 minutes or so. The only thing that scares me is the battery life of the 7 compared to the 6+ I'm coming from and now 7+ I have.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little upset I didn't get the 7 first this way if I didn't like it I could go back to a plus but I got the 7+ first so if I did switch to the 7, that's what I'll be stuck with for 12 months.

Going to hit the Apple Store this afternoon to check the regular 7 out one more time and play with it for 10 minutes or so. The only thing that scares me is the battery life of the 7 compared to the 6+ I'm coming from and now 7+ I have.

I'd have to agree with you there .....it's not the same battery life, hence my buyer's remorse

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods