Anyone using ad blocking apps?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here using an ad blocking app on your iPhone? If so, which one and your thoughts.

Last edited:

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the Norton one for the last couple years. I'd definitely be interested to know if there are better ones now as it definitely doesn't catch everything anymore.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The DuckDuckGo mobile app does a pretty good job at keeping ads at bay. It’s not perfect, but it’s good enough for me. Safari is still my go-to browser, but if I know I’ll be visiting a site loaded with ads then I’ll fire up the DuckDuckGo mobile browser.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I use the Crystal ad blocker - no longer updated, and Firefox Focus.

While I'm not against ads, I'm strongly against obnoxious ads, and those that use too much data, and these Safari extensions help reduce both effectively. They don't block all the ads, but the Internet becomes so much more usable with them.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
NextDNS.
I pay the $25 a year unlimited and run it on all devices and at the firewall level. It blocks way more than ads and in app ads too!
It has a control panel that allows you to block applications as well.
If it's running on a firewall or router be forewarned though, it will block whatever you tell it to whether users want it or not.
So if you block TikTok and have kids using wifi they won't be happy. ;)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I use Adblocker it works well

Reminder

The app updates often but in order for it to apply you need to open the app so it can sync

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro