Anyone used beats music ? How does it compare ?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I'm still on the hunt for a music subscription service I really like. Spotify I don't like the UI and lack of a collection type option, Rdio I like the interface a lot, but I don't like there low bitrate and there some playback annoyances like songs restarting from being paused for a few minutes , and google music I'm not sure how I like that its sorta limited on ios. But this was the one I've probaly liked the best so far. But feels kinda weird using it on ios.

Beats I've been using for a few days and I do like it's interface and bitrate, but I hear about all these issues it's been having with battery drain, heating the phone up, and etc.) that I'm not sure how the service is going to end up in the end. Also, I'm still not sure if beats has all the kinds of music I like (probaly the more niche stuff being k-pop and soundtracks from video games and stuff) and the fact there way late to the game is concerning. And I don't like the company too much since all they did was get good at selling overpriced junk headphones.

Is beats mainly for mainstream artists? Or music suggestions ? Does anyone here use it and would recommend it over other options out there .

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've never used Beats Music. I don't care for Spotify either, I tried but didn't like it at all. I'll stick with iTunes Radio and Pandora. I have a problem paying to stream music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stteve#CB

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Same here... I don't like Spotify's UI... Rdio is awesome, but sound quality is a concern... so I decided to try Beats (you get 7 days trial / longer if signing up through AT&T). Beats UI is beautifully designed and on par with Rdio. Some cool features allow for music discovery, plus the curated lists are nice. The music quality is on par with Spotify. Basically, I feel Beats has combined the best of Spotify and Rdio (and maybe even a little of Songza for playlists).

That said... if you are using iOS, I can't currently recommend Beats right now. Their recent iOS upgrade (version 1.0.3) is flawed with major battery drain (causing the phone to heat up). The app will burn through your battery at 1% per minute (3-4% per song). The problem is documented in the Beats forums (and another thread here on iMore). Beats has promised a fix for about 5 days -- but no new updates.

The other downside is the lack of an iPad version. But I remain hopeful Beats will fix the iOS problem and create an iPad version. (Crossing fingers)

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I LOVE it. For a first attempt, I think it's pretty top-notch. The UI is amazing, the sound quality is one of the highest of other competitors, the curation is pretty spot on.

That being said, I like a lot of niche music too and Beats does not provide that. K-pop I know for sure hasn't really hit their service, so for that reason you may want to stay away for now. Actually their music library all-in-all is very limited compared to say, Spotify and Rdio. But I'm sure that will just come with time as it did for them all, but I wouldn't count on any truly niche categories anytime soon. Even the Indie section is a little limited, and I love my Indie rock :p

But like I said as a first run, I'm impressed. Oh, and as for the issues, I haven't noticed any so far. They extended most users initial trial by another week because the app had so many hits upon release that it was rendering it useless to users. Not sure if that is still going on. The two week trial I mean. But as far as overheating and battery loss are concerned, I haven't noticed these issues.

Hope this kind of helps and good luck!

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I'm probaly going to go ahead and keep using it. However, the battery drain and heat is a huge issue and I might need to hold off subscribing until that's fixed or use it on my nexus 7 in the mean time.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
i used beats music, i loved it. If i paid for a service which i won't beats music is what i'd use. the playlists are really good. But i only have a trial so when it ends i'm done. Truth is i have enough music to hold me over for a long time. Most of what i played on beats music i already own.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox