Anyone upgrading from iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus to iPhone 7 Plus?

willows3

Jun 10, 2010
www.myspace.com
Guilty. Lol! I told myself that I wasn't going to do it and then here I go, pre-ordered and shipping in October. I'm telling myself that this is an early birthday present (November 18th= not too early, right? Lol).

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Guilty. Lol! I told myself that I wasn't going to do it and then here I go, pre-ordered and shipping in October. I'm telling myself that this is an early birthday present (November 18th= not too early, right? Lol).

11/24 here.. happy early B-day

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
im going from my 6S Plus to a 7 Plus and wife is going from a 6 to a 7 only because of the trade in promos going on

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site

Scorpio's rule! November 15th here :)

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Yup I'm upgrading from the iPhone 6s Plus to the iPhone 7 plus. I just preordered from AT&T. I got a 128gb in gold. AT&T is saying my plus will not ship till the second week in October ....

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As I sit here, I have my trusty iPhone 6 Plus at my side. Seriously considering the upgrade to the iPhone 7 Plus. Anyone else out there with me?

If so, what are the biggest concerns? Price? Or something more subjective like color choice?

Yeah man I hear ya. I myself will be upgrading but mainly for the camera, stereo speakers, and jet black sexiness. But that's me though. What do you use your phone for mostly?

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm going from a 6S+ to a 7+ (128 GB, black, Verizon) for the camera. I take a lot of photos and I'm excited about the 2x optical zoom and bokeh effects that can be achieved by the dual cameras. Delivers by 10/12 but I'm hoping for it to arrive a bit sooner

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Currently have a space gray 64GB 6s Plus which I'm happy with, ordered a black 256GB 7 Plus. Looking forward to better camera and faster processor. Also I've been wanting a darker color option.

EBynum

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded my 6s + to a 7+. I know a lot people are on the fence or say there isn't enough of a difference but for me it just really comes down to the resale money. Right now if I sell my 6s+ I'll get the most for it. If I wait another year or even a week to sell it the resale drops significantly so for me personally I'd rather just sell it now for the most I can get and roll that into the cost of a new phone. If I wait till next year my out of pocket expense will be much higher.

Good point.

KarmelVixen

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm upgrading from a gold 64gb 6 to a matte black 128gb 7 plus. My mom will be upgrading from a rose gold 64gb 6s plus to a rose gold 128gb 7 plus.

EBynum

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I have a 6S Plus that I'm happy with so I'm still on the fence if I want to upgrade to the 7 Plus or not. The camera, stereo speakers, double the storage, and A10 chip really tempt me, but I'm wondering if I should hold out for the 7S Plus. I suppose it's too early for rumors at to what Apple is working on for the 7S phones. Could there potentially be any new features or just tweaks to the current 7? Are "S" year phones typically much improved over regular year phones? I'm still fairly new to iPhone. My current phone is my first. In any case, when ios 10 rolls out, my 6S Plus will feel like a new phone. I'm definitely going to wait it out until the reviews start rolling in before deciding if I want to upgrade. There may be some kinks that Apple needs to work out and then fix in the 7S. On the other hand, there's the point someone else made about getting more money when selling their current phone now vs. a year from now. I plan to either trade in or sell my current phone when I upgrade, so that's also something to consider. Decisions... Decisions...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded, and pretty much plan to do every year. AT&T Next makes it too easy, although I may buy out my Next plan when the 2017 iPhone comes out and turn it into a GPS/iPod for the car. Not sure, it will have to be really compelling other than an all glass body. Still the dual camera and 256 storage and improved display was enough. Plus my iPad Pro 12.9 has 256GB too.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
As I sit here, I have my trusty iPhone 6 Plus at my side. Seriously considering the upgrade to the iPhone 7 Plus. Anyone else out there with me?

If so, what are the biggest concerns? Price? Or something more subjective like color choice?

My wife and I are upgrading simply because the 6 Plus is becoming older technology, so it's time to move on. We plan on getting the model that's released next year, since it's supposed to include more drastic changes.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Called Verizon today and the rep told me to talk to a store rep. Apparently sometime after I returned my recalled Note 7 they decided to offer loaner phones for people wanting to wait for new notes and the rep seems to think I can get a loaner to wait for the iPhone 7 instead. We'll see. Otherwise I'm out for this year's model.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Pre-ordered two iPhone 7 Pluses on Friday through Verizon. They were offering a fantastic deal where we trade in our 6 Pluses and get a $650 credit for each - spread over 24 months. We don't plan to switch carriers, so that works for us.

So, I'll be going from an ordered-on-launch-day 2014 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus in Space Gray to a 128 GB iPhone 7 Plus in matte black. My wife is going from a gold 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus to a silver 128 GB iPhone 7 Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods