Anyone upgrading from iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus to iPhone 7 Plus?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm updating mainly because I want a different color phone this year. I'm over the space gray. The cameras sold me too, especially since I want to take more pics.

Everyone has different and valid reasons for upgrading. I can't wait to see all the pics and unboxings.

Yeah I was debating whether to do it or not either. Mine is only a year old and my first iPhone. Then I looked at it as....I signed up on the upgrade program just in case there were some cool new things, either way my payment is still the same, so might as well do it.

kamaly ElevenK

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I sold my iPhone the other day iPhone 6 Plus but my hold issue is that no head phone jack and the wireless don't even come in the packaging for the $740 plus price tag for the iPhone 7 Plus like come on and add even misery to my ordeal no wireless charging sigh

Paul Impola

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Debating whether to keep my iPhone 6 Plus for one more year, or go for the 7 Plus. My main concern (after cost) is the rumored switch to OLED screens coming next year. Definitely want to grab one of those ASAP.
If I can swing the financial aspect, the optimum path would be new 7 Plus this year, followed by a new 7S (or 8) Plus next year. :cool:

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not upgrading because I traded my 6s plus in for a Note 7 and when I returned the note I didn't have a backup phone to use so I had to get something. Bought a new 6s plus and now I'm starting my year over. Looks like I'm in line for next year's model. So by trying to see how the other half lives I lost the year I had paid into my original 6s plus. Oh well. Live and learn.

Can't you return it and pay a $35 restocking fee or whatever they charge to return it within 14 days? That way you can get the 7.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I am not seeing the value yet really, i picked up a 1 day old 6S plus 64gb 2 weeks ago for $700 and sold my 6S 16gb for $650, new was over $1300 here at the time, has dropped a bit now, was going to give it to my wife and sell her 6 plus 128 gb for $700, she doesn't care and is happy with her 6 plus, so its $714 upgrade just for me. This will be the first time since 5S i haven't pre ordered, might wait and see the reviews!!

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am upgrading from a 6 Plus I use the apple upgrade program so I will always get the newest and either pay the orig off or turn it in.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my 6s + to a 7+. I know a lot people are on the fence or say there isn't enough of a difference but for me it just really comes down to the resale money. Right now if I sell my 6s+ I'll get the most for it. If I wait another year or even a week to sell it the resale drops significantly so for me personally I'd rather just sell it now for the most I can get and roll that into the cost of a new phone. If I wait till next year my out of pocket expense will be much higher.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Can't you return it and pay a $35 restocking fee or whatever they charge to return it within 14 days? That way you can get the 7.

Yes, but the problem is if I return the phone I don't have anything to use until late September/ early October. That's where I'm stuck. If we had a backup phone lying around, I'd be in great shape, but we traded all of those in last year when we upgraded our kids to iPhone 6s.

sweepsnregs

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I'll be "upgrading" IF I win the 7 from contest they got going on (but how I wish it was the Plus model they are giving away!) I don't think I'll ever purchase any iPhone w/ my own money (except for the wife, happy wife=happy husband!).

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
NO, not anymore. Apple really dropped the ball on ordering, I am not paying their prices for a big wallop of stress in a shiny black package. I'm keeping my 6 Plus and when that falls apart, I'll be getting a Nexus.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
NO, not anymore. Apple really dropped the ball on ordering, I am not paying their prices for a big wallop of stress in a shiny black package. I'm keeping my 6 Plus and when that falls apart, I'll be getting a Nexus.

If I was going to go Android, I'd totally get a Nexus. I just can't bring myself to make the switch. I tried to back when the Samsung Galaxy S3 came out and I hated it. I went back to iPhone and that's where I've stayed. But dang, the 7 Plus is the same price as my mortgage payment.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
If I was going to go Android, I'd totally get a Nexus. I just can't bring myself to make the switch. I tried to back when the Samsung Galaxy S3 came out and I hated it. I went back to iPhone and that's where I've stayed. But dang, the 7 Plus is the same price as my mortgage payment.

Seriously it's getting ridiculous.
I've said many times before, I don't mind paying for quality.
Quality in a device and quality for service.
And the service quality right now is so poor it makes Blackberry look appealing again.
So I'm keeping my 6 Plus until it dies.
Then of Apple keeps treating its customers like like knuckle dragging mouth breathing troglodytes with an open bank account, I'll go back to Android via Nexus.

Life's too short to put up with marketing crap like this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro