Anyone updated their 5c to ios 8?

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,
Have u guys updated your 5c to ios8 yet? How is the performance so far? My friend has a 4s and it's like he wants to chuck away his phone with ios8. Should i just update my 5c or wait for like 8.01 or 8.1?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

tedbearclaw

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Kenny what it your issue with keyboard. I am using swiftkey it launches only sometimes when I got to type is this your same problem as well

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have installed Swift Key. There are times when the keyboard covers the area I'm trying to type in. I would have to move the screen up to make it visible again.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for taking the time to explain. Think i can live with it. Downloading the update now; fingers crossed!
Thank you once again.

How has it gone? Aiming to do mine tomorrow

Not sure if I should go clean install or not...

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I hate to say, but after 24 hours use I honestly feel my 5c is slower and laggy. Also getting a lot of stutter when scrolling which I never used to experience.

Can't afford to factory reset unless there's a way to do that and reinstate all my text messages without restoring from backup. Anyone?

Posted via iMore App

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
How has it gone? Aiming to do mine tomorrow

Not sure if I should go clean install or not...

Been using it for 15 hours and it feels absolutely fantastic. No lags! I chose to update using iTunes. And yes, when my phone alerted me for the update, the ota size was only 932 mb but since I updated using iTunes, it used over 2.5 GBs so just be patient if that happens in your case.
No complaints so far!
Good luck! 😊

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I hate to say, but after 24 hours use I honestly feel my 5c is slower and laggy. Also getting a lot of stutter when scrolling which I never used to experience.

Can't afford to factory reset unless there's a way to do that and reinstate all my text messages without restoring from backup. Anyone?

Posted via iMore App

Scrolling in which app? Safari, messages or any other? Working great at my end. Updated using iTunes.

Paul Ellis1

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Scrolling in which app? Safari, messages or any other? Working great at my end. Updated using iTunes.

All that I've used where I didn't notice it before. Facebook, safari, messages, WhatsApp, pretty much anything. Will have to try a factory reset but trying to find a way to do that and be able to restore all my texts, anyone know a way?

Posted via iMore App

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well what I did was setup as new device then realize the key I needed was in the password app I was asked for to import the password app data.. Stupidly before updating my device I hadn't noted this down. This meant I then reset the device again only then selecting restore from an iCloud backup this restored my texts etc. I don't know if the first wipe followed by the restore made any beneficial difference over doing a straight restore at the start?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I went to update on release day, Wednesday, but it said it would take 3 hours on my Mac. I cancelled and by that evening I received notification that iOS 8 was downloaded on my 5C and ready to install. I got up Thursday morning at 5:30 am and did the OTA in about 10, maybe 15 mins and it was complete. Running smoothly with no complaints here☺

Just did the hubbys 5C last night as well.... So far he hasn't said a peep lol

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Same experience for me. When the new iOS is released, there is a huge demand on Apple's servers. Downloads, especially one this size (I think it was 964 mb) can take a long time. I've found it easier to just let it download on its own in the background when on WiFi.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I am facing battery drain issue on stand by. Around 10% an hour. Any ideas?
Thanks. 😊

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
For how long have you been using ios 8? How's your battery life compared to when you were using ios 7?
Thanks.

I have been using IOS 8 since launch date. My battery life is the same, I generally get a full day out of a charge.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR