Anyone switch from 7 plus / 6s plus ??

manni1to

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Using the larger phone has started to become more cumbersome for me. I enjoyed the bigger phone for Netflix / Hulu etc but now that I upgraded my tv I don't need that. Haha. Also I don't really game or anything. I just use my phone to email, text and browse Facebook and the web.

Has anyone else done the downgrade in size? What are your pros and cons ?

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I just came from a 6s Plus to a SE and love the smaller form factor! Battery is killer and it's a snappy little devil.

Typing on it takes some getting used to as the keys are very close together. This is my 3rd day with it and am finally getting the hang of it now.

If I'm being honest, for 1 phone I'd do either the regular 6 or 7? I think that's the perfect size for a phone even though the 5s/SE is my all time favorite build/case, etc...

If you have a iPad or laptop, the SE is perfect.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I just came from a 6s Plus to a SE and love the smaller form factor! Battery is killer and it's a snappy little devil.

Typing on it takes some getting used to as the keys are very close together. This is my 3rd day with it and am finally getting the hang of it now.

If I'm being honest, for 1 phone I'd do either the regular 6 or 7? I think that's the perfect size for a phone even though the 5s/SE is my all time favorite build/case, etc...

If you have a iPad or laptop, the SE is perfect.

You switched again?

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
As I said in many a thread here, I constantly swap back and forth between 6s Plus and a 7..... Love the portability of the 7, but not the battery life

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I had an SE for about 2 months. It was a great phone but my heart is with my 7 plus lol. I just wish Apple put a higher resolution screen on it and updated the front facing camera.

DrJBone

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Could someone help me out?

I'm really struggling here, as I love the 7 Plus for the:
• battery
• camera
• waterproofing
•*speed
•*screen

but, the SE feels nice.

I don't like carrying the 7Plus, but I feel like I can deal with anything that comes up - when I pick up the SE, I always feel like it's great for calendaring, basic things, and task management, but want to go to an iPad/computer for real work.

#Help
#confusedInCalifornia :)

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It's really up to you, and only you can make that decision for yourself.

Currently my family range of devices (wife and I) include a 6s Plus, a 7, SE, iPad mini and a MBP.

I was back and forth with the 7/6s Plus but I decided to upgrade the wife's SE to the 7.

With the SE spare, I've given it a try again - for a smaller device (the main reason I took the 7).

Either of these phones can do what I (or my wife) want - phone calls, messaging, email and social media; so ultimately it's what you're comfortable with

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I never wanted the 4.7" phone. Alas, the 5s was getting long in the tooth, and so I held my nose and got a 6s. Got used to it. Then jumped on the SE when it was released, and couldn't be happier. Battery life, one-handed use and pocket ability are priorities to me. Hoping for a refresh in 2017.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Went the other way... switched from SE to 7+ after a year with the SE... the large screen and dual cameras were calling me

(Originally went from 6S+ to SE)

iHeartBretski

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I am currently using a 6s Plus and for some reason I REALLY want the SE because of how small it is and all the fun one handed things I can do with it lol the only thing I'm worried that I will miss is 3D Touch on the keyboard ??????

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I have a 7 Plus and want to go to the SE mainly for price. I'm just not up for spending 6-7-800 dollars on a phone anymore. Plus I do love the design of the SE. I'm hoping they do a new SE with iPhone 7 internals/camera in September when I'm eligible to switch.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
If they updated it to be water "proof" I think it would be perfect. I adjusted to the size quickly coming from a 5-5.2" screen phone, and love the battery life, not that I ever had a problem with battery life on a 6S that I had a while ago. My wife is always in the red with her 6S at the end of the day, the SE might be better for her if I could convince her the small screen isn't an issue.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have had a 7 and 2 x 7 plus this year and now a SE for a month. Love it.

I liked my 7 plus wouldn't go back to a 7 as it and the plus are just too big for my uses, too many compromises, if i want bigger i have a iPad pro 9.7.

Cheap
Great size and light, any bigger is not one handed use.
Battery excellent.
Cases cheap, Vaja leather cases for $15-20 lol.
H/phone jack.
Call volume better than 7 plus.
Like its a bit thicker.