Anyone still use an iPad

Travisl1213

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Ever since I got my iPhone I don't even use my iPad anymore. Am I the only one in this case. I'm thinking about selling it. What's your thoughts?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well if I had just bought the iPhone, I would still use my iPad since the iPad it not a phone, and it has a larger screen. Plus iPad apps won't work on the iPhone.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Still use mine. I use my phone and iPad differently. I had the iPad since launch and iPhone during the time as well. I'm quite sure there are many people that got an iPad and really didn't need one or to get the iOS fix since the iPhone wasn't available from their carrier. But I still use mine because it serves a different purpose for me.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Use my iPad daily. Using it to type this actually. Use my iPhone daily too obviously. iPad has saved me from some boring situations in the past.

alpha752

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I use my iPad, but much less since getting the iPhone. About the only thing I regularly use my iPad for is Zumocast to watch videos from my pc. I use that every day, but thats about it anymore.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely in the camp that says they compliment each other very well.

iPhone is perfect for ultimate mobility. iPad is perfect for mobility that allows that larger screen. I could read a book, magazine, or NY Post at night on my iphone, but prefer the larger screen of my iPad whenever I can use that.

I definitely am happier being able to have 2 devices that work so well with each other as these two. The Droid X was great, but having a few programs on my iPhone that werent available on the Droid X was a little annoying.

The device that has suffered the most since the iPad arrived in April is my Laptop, it is pretty much at this point exclusively used to sync devices and back up data.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The device that has suffered the most since the iPad arrived in April is my Laptop, it is pretty much at this point exclusively used to sync devices and back up data.

If Apple does make the next iPad with USB ports where it can sync directly with your iPhone, think about how much more your laptop usage will go down ;)

Personally, I hope they do because I much rather have the iPad and iPhone working together and not needing a laptop.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
If Apple does make the next iPad with USB ports where it can sync directly with your iPhone, think about how much more your laptop usage will go down ;)

Personally, I hope they do because I much rather have the iPad and iPhone working together and not needing a laptop.

+1 that would be a perfect world. ::)

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

not untill the iPad can do everything a laptop can do, and I mean more then just web broswing and playing angry birds (or fart apps)

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone is for calls, texting, internet in my pocket, streaming music (unlimited data) watching movies, and pretty much everything else it can do while I'm away from home.

My iPad is for web browsing, watching movie and tv shows (mostly on wifi), looking up information, better (as in larger screen real estate) iPad specific apps and everything else the iPad can do while I'm at home.

Usually the only time I use my iPhone at home is to make a call, send a SMS or when I can't pry the iPad out of my wife's hands (which is quite often) :)

I would never get rid of either and definitely get my money's worth out of both!

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
not untill the iPad can do everything a laptop can do, and I mean more then just web broswing and playing angry birds (or fart apps)

Maybe not for you but this was directed to the person who said that their laptop usage has gone down and it's mainly to keep things in sync now. So obviously for them, it would be used even less if they can be directly synced. Believe it or not everyone doesn't need or use a laptop. Some people still have desktops and an iPad does more than enough.

jeans94621

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I am one of those people who use my net book or desktop less. The iPad does what I need on a daily basis. I bought my iPad a month ago and the only time I have used either was to sync my iPad or phone. The iPad cannot completely replace my computer but so far I haven't had a need to use them for the things that I do. And yes I use my iPhone every day also. First and foremost for a phone and there are others uses. Between the two of them I am well covered.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR