Anyone sitting this model iPhone out?

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
As of right now, TOTALLY sitting this one out... I don't see enough to merit an unplanned upgrade on my part.

Personally... I find the iPhone 5 wonky in design. That's just my initial impression from seeing it in action through my TV. It just looks flat out odd.

If my 4S wasn't getting the full blown affects from iOS 6, then I'd probably be scrambling to get it. That's the only thing I can think of that would possibly merit me to get it.

But, I'm gonna get some hands on time first before I truly say that, in my eyes, its just damn awkward to look at and play with.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4, so I will definitely be upgrading. It will be a great step up for me, plus I pre-sold my old phone early, which will almost pay for the new one.

mummer43

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm sitting it out. I got the 4S the first day they came out, so I'm not due for an upgrade for a little while. My GF is getting the 5 on release day so I'll play with hers to get my fix of the new one. The bigger screen would be nice, but iOS 6 should hold me over until the next one comes out.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm still completely on the fence. The more I look at it though the more I think I could deal with the awkward design. The 4 was my first iPhone and the only one in 8 years that I have held the entire length of a contract. Maybe some hands on time when it drops into stores will help make my decision.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
New to iphone as of July...so no need to upgrade right now!! Apple will amaze us with something new again by the time my upgrade is due, spending that $ right now just to say you have the latest and greatest is not an option for me! ;)

Enzo83

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would love to get it, but honestly, I am very happy with my 4. The 5 has a nice bigger screen, but I think I can wait another year for the next release...maybe....Most of my reason not to upgrade is that of Verizon and their LTE tiered pricing data bullcrap. To not allow me to keep grandfather is just ridiculous. I hope there is some kind of thing they do that will allow us to keep it. Because I am not ridding of it. I don't need FAST speeds. Unless they throw in a free $2000 in my bank account then I will reconsider. Otherwise I am just as happy with my 4.....plus I can jail break and all that good stuff so it's not like I'm in the dust.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I just got my 4s in June bc the proposed i5 rumors (mostly proven true) did not impress. And I could get the i5 at discounted pricing too. Just not in love with it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm still completely on the fence. The more I look at it though the more I think I could deal with the awkward design.

That's exactly where I'm standing right now. The first time I saw it during the videos, I shuddered at the design. It almost appalled me...

But, now, the more I see it, especially next to a 4S, the more I think "I guess it's not THAT bad..."

Yet, still, some shots of the phone make me shudder. It just looks so awkward sometimes...

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
most definitely. not enough new features to even consider it. I'm happy with my 4S for now (plus I still have two replacements left)

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly where I'm standing right now. The first time I saw it during the videos, I shuddered at the design. It almost appalled me...

But, now, the more I see it, especially next to a 4S, the more I think "I guess it's not THAT bad..."

Yet, still, some shots of the phone make me shudder. It just looks so awkward sometimes...

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

What really helped me was to look at the video of the reporters that got to go back to the hands-on area after the main presentation. Watching them use it for real made me totally comfortable with the new size. And the speed was killer.

kplu191

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Ohhhh I am upgrading. Big time. I still have the D. Inc 1. This will be my first iPhone, and I KNOW I am gonna love it. Been finding out how great Apple is at integrating all thier products, I am making the jump. :) Airplay on my IMac rocks, Airplay from my new phone?? Yeeeahhhh!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

skhdivers#AC

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new iphone 4S in September to replace my nonworking droid razr due to all the crazy software updates that android puts out - I love my 4S and will not upgrade as it does everything I need and can't not justify paying full blown price for the 5. I will wait for my upgrade date which is like Jan 2014 who knows what will be out then!!

smh16

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm most likely sitting this one out or will take advantage of the price drop on the 4S to upgrade my 4. LTE isn't available in my area so that doesn't matter to me.

april_n_paris

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
After much thought, I bought my 4S in April because I fell in love with the design and feel of the phone. I am VERY happy with this phone and do not feel the need for a new one at this point. Besides, 5 doesn't offer enough of a difference to bring on that "have to have" itch.

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 4S in February and I live everything about it. However, as of right now I think I am going to skip this years model just because I don't need the 4G LTE speeds because I don't download much and just use my data for web browsing and such.

I will be eligible for an upgrade 9/27 but I don't plan on using that because I'm not going to give up my unlimited data.

Also, the .5" screen would be nice but I am still fine with the size of this phone screen.

With the iOS 6 upgrade coming, that will tide me over as far as needing something "new" to play with? For a while.

Anyone else in a similar situation?
Yeah.

Just got our 4S's in February, as well. The 5S will probably be our next phone, a year and a half from now. There should be plenty of accessories, fewer bugs, and an upgrade path by then.

For now, I'm hoping we will clean up on cheap docks and cables n stuff.

izzyardo

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I got my 4S last fall when it was released, so I'll sit this one out. I love my 4S and though it's pretty, iOS 6 will give me all the new features I need.
My husband was due for an upgrade, he decided to go for a discounted 4S instead. We popped into the AT&T store this morning and got a 32gb 4S for $199. Sweet deal if you ask me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal