Anyone sitting this model iPhone out?

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 4S in February and I live everything about it. However, as of right now I think I am going to skip this years model just because I don't need the 4G LTE speeds because I don't download much and just use my data for web browsing and such.

I will be eligible for an upgrade 9/27 but I don't plan on using that because I'm not going to give up my unlimited data.

Also, the .5" screen would be nice but I am still fine with the size of this phone screen.

With the iOS 6 upgrade coming, that will tide me over as far as needing something "new" to play with? For a while.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my upgrade is available in December so i have some time to think about it

i am very happy with my 4S so we'll see after i give it some hands on

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thats what I was thinking too.....give it some time, play with it some, then make my final decision.

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Prior to the keynote, my initial thought was to wait. The 4s is an amazing phone, I couldn't even bring myself to sell it early before its value plummeted. That being said, I want this phone, it is a thing of beauty. For me that is the big question; are aesthetics enough of a reason to add an additional line to my plan? IOS 6 will probably run just fine on the 4s, and LTE isn't a deal breaker for me. I will probably get it, but I may put it off for a while. Or I will watch the video again and simply cave.

rnbgrilla

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
im going to wait for iPhone 5s, i just know there going to bump up the specs.
like they did with 4S. they will keep the same look of 5. so just one more year ugh.

it should be fast.

Jindofox

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't need the 4G LTE speeds because I don't download much and just use my data for web browsing and such.
.... I'm not going to give up my unlimited data.
What good is unlimited data if you're not using it? If you were actually pushing the upper limits of "unlimited" (3GB on AT&T for example) you'd get throttled, which sucks. You'd probably save some money by going to a tiered plan if you really don't plan on using much data. You could always pay overages if you ever need it.

To answer your question, I'm with you, I will be sitting this cycle out. I have the 4S, which I love, and with iOS6 it does nearly everything that the iPhone 5 can do, except for the LTE networking. Besides, the new tall phone is weird-looking to me.

I'll consider an upgrade to the next one (5S?), especially if battery life and storage capacity are improved again. Besides, I still have a year left on my contract. It's probably irrational to let a hundred bucks influence my decision on a luxury phone, but there it is.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm sitting it out. I am eligible for an upgrade from my 4 but bought a used 4S instead to avoid a 2 year contract. There is nothing special the 5 can do that the 4S can't do in stock software, except the the 2 new camera features.

DJLILM

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about since I got the 4s and nothin really change. I say the iPhone 6 is really gone be the big change.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm sitting out just got my 4s in June. I'm really digging the 5 but I can wait for the 5s by that time Sprint LTE will be rocking hard I hope. When I got my 4s I knew if I hung with my EVO 3D a little longer I could get a 5 by the fall but Android was killing me. My first smartphone was the OG iPhone(still have it) then 3Gs( gave to my nephew). I'm more than satisfied with the 4s. Apple does it again.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Most likely exchanging the moto atrix hd I have now and getting the 5. Going down in screen size will suck and i'll miss some features of Android, but I want better battery life, less lag, and that amazing camera.

GreatNeal

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
That thing is a beauty and it doesn't cost much either. We will all love it. But I'll sell it again when 5S is around the corner. hahaha! $100 a year for a phone. ain't bad man

anthonyhalfie

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Getting rid of my Galaxy Note for this... It's seriously the best looking iPhone Apple has made (for some reason i wasn't a fan of the 4/4s shape). And after using (or trying to use) my Note i am very glad Apple didn't increase the width, one hand operation is beyond uncomfortable on a too wide screen.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I love the look of the new iPhone, but I will be sitting this one out too because I love my 4S too much and I think that it will be fine for at least the next year. Plus, the 5S will most likely have the same body therefore manufacturers will have a year's worth of accessories out there. Then I will upgrade. But I have to say that it is tempting. I have seen many commenters in the forums remark that the new iPhone isn't a big upgrade from the 4S and I would respond that it isn't supposed to be. The iPhone 5 is for those who had the 4. Anyone with the 4S should know that it isn't going to be a significant improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably not going to set this one out...as I have a 4...I set the 4S out and I think I'm ready to get something a little bit better.

kittycatspawz#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I was completely disappointed. I remember reading a blog where a guy said sarcastically, that he couldn't wait for that 5th row of icons, and I cracked up at that remark. Well, after all the hype, basically there's not enough difference between my 4S and the new 5 to justify the money. I'll be sitting this one out too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely sitting this one out. My iPhone 4 will suffice until the Lumia 920 is released. The 5 is beautiful, but that's just not enough for me.

You see this? THIS is a rare thing of beauty. A person with no desire to own the iPhone 5 that isn't trying to convince other people who DO want it that they are wrong. Well said man, as simple as it is, it's refreshing to see someone simply say "It's not for me" vs. "It's not for me...or anyone, it's a piece of sh*t and you're an idiot if you like it!!!!111!!!1".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73