Anyone Planning on Developing for the Apple Watch?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

I already know the answer from another thread I started, but I figured I could start one where we could specifically talk about Apple Watch development. Who plans to do it? What apps are they making and what apps do we want to see developed? What's it like to develop as a platform? Etc

This is a thread to talk about Apple Watch development!

PS I found another thread that our developer friends might find helpful......

http://forums.imore.com/apple-watch-apps/324227-apple-watch-app-do-you-like-look-forward-using.html

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
In light of Developer Program NDAs... how much can they talk about?

I don't know the scope of their NDA not being a Watch App developer, BUT I do know that a couple developers DID respond in my games thread so their may be some stuff they can say. It's also possible that the NDA will loosen up on 4/24. Again I don't know I have not seen it. In any event. IF they want to talk about Apple Watch development this is the thread. ;)

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm honestly on the fence about it, but I don't think I'll be doing anything yet. Not until they allow native development for the watch. At this point you pretty much need an existing iphone app with functionality that can be extended to a watch. There are plenty of developers in this position, but I'm not one of them.

TrondR

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Making a watch app is kind of similar to making a widget for iOS8. The watch app can share data with the host app and uses its gps and internet connection. It can also share code with the host app.

The question is really if your app has any functions that would be of use on the watch, but I'm guessing most apps that would benefit from a widget would benefit from a watch app.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro