Anyone notice this isn't as slippery while caseless?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This thing is easier to hold than the 6 Plus because it's not nearly as slippery. Perhaps an improvement due to the 7000 series aluminum?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just tried it and I'm not sure. I almost agree but it could also just be that I've gotten more used to gripping this size phone since last year and that I just feel more secure holding it in general.

It stuck out to me like a sore thumb immediately since I don't use a case much. Or maybe there is some special coating on the aluminum.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
This thing is easier to hold than the 6 Plus because it's not nearly as slippery. Perhaps an improvement due to the 7000 series aluminum?

I thought the same thing. Almost considered no case because of it, but don't want the scuffs and it would freak me out putting it face down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I thought the same thing. Almost considered no case because of it, but don't want the scuffs and it would freak me out putting it face down.

I gotta say that after the iPhone 5, it's not that easy to scuff these anymore. I mean with the 5 you could have just breathed on it and it would have scuffed. The 5S and on have been really, really great with not scuffing too easily.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Alright, I'll try it n'kid for a day at home. Not sure I could leave the house. :).

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
My 6s doesn't seem as slippery either and I can tell it's slightly heavier. Adds some volume to it! I may try to find a good bumper case. Right now no case!

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
One possible physics explanation is that it has the same coefficient of static friction as the 6 Plus but it weighs more. Since it weighs more, the amount of force you need to exert on it to keep it level also increased from what was needed for the 6 Plus. This is important as the force of friction goes as the coefficient of static friction times that amount of force. Since you exert more force keeping the thing up, more force is required to "un-stick" the phone from your skin.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I agree! I wish I could leave it naked all the time! but I go out a lot on the weekends, and too scared to drop it! I wouldn't want to spend $100 to replace it!

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed it, bit heavier too which I actually like. I still keep mine in a case most of the time. Only when I'm sitting in bed I'll take it out of the case and admire its beauty.

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My Space Gray 6s plus is definitely less slippery, might be the darker coating on the aluminum. But my wife's rose gold plus is just as slippery as my silver 6 was.

laz305

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
Not for me. My 6 was slippery and so is this. Only reason I put a grip case on it, I'd drop it at least once a month without it. And I can palm a basketball like Jordan lol

pjs37

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I had tried my friends 6 Plus to try the size and figured it was too slippery and big. Got the 6S Plus and a case but the case didn't fit so I had to go caseless. But I noticed it did seem to me to be less slippery. I thought it was my imagination but now that others stated the same thing I wonder if they textured it different.