Anyone having trouble with their chargers after going to ios11?

duckduckgoose

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I updated to os11 the first day the public beta was available. Today I was trying to charge my iPad mini3 and I keep getting a message that the device may not be supported or something like that. I'm not with my iPad to test it out again. I've seen this with non Apple accessories but this is the brick and cord that came with the iPad. Anyone? Anyone???

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it’s a bug. Unplug the brick and plug it back in and it should charge fine. This same bug causes issues with the Apple HDMI to lightning adapter as well.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I updated to os11 the first day the public beta was available. Today I was trying to charge my iPad mini3 and I keep getting a message that the device may not be supported or something like that. I'm not with my iPad to test it out again. I've seen this with non Apple accessories but this is the brick and cord that came with the iPad. Anyone? Anyone???

I had trouble charging my iPad 2 ... first using my 3rd party wall wart (has multiple USB outlets) then a portable battery pack. Finally another battery pack did the trick but it was making me consider downgrading. Seems ok now.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same as problem. Works fine on my iPhone though but the iPad mini 3 tells me the accessory may not be supported.

I have reported this to Apple

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly the same as problem. Works fine on my iPhone though but the iPad mini 3 tells me the accessory may not be supported.

I have reported this to Apple

I forgot I had actually tried an iPad charger as well, in addition to my USB wall outlet and 2 portable battery packs (that have charged the iPad in the past). So 4 tries before getting it to work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox