Anyone happy with the 3Gs being the same physically?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
On the outside?

I am... I actually bought a 4 Invisible Shields and a case (I normally never do cases).

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
that was i think a pretty good move on apples part. i cant imagine the frustration going from the 1st to 2nd gen devices.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I like the fact users won't have to repurchase cases and accessories. Backwards compatibility is a good thing for users.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Fashionistas who want to show off that they have the latest/greatest iPhone are likely disappointed because there's no new outward bling blang to make it in-your-face obvious. (Though maybe they can run around yelling "I'm shooting video without jailbreak!!!!111")

Personally, I'm fine. I'm always happy when Jony Ive flexes his design muscle, but not just for designs sake.

Next gen unibody aluminum? :D

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I am glad because I can now pre-order the case that I want! Can anyone say VAJA?!
This Homo wanted the glowing logo. not a must just thought it would be cool.

missdee

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
yeah. i like it because i wont be looking outdated with having the 3g. hope that doesnt sound too silly, but its true. plus i think the design of the 3g is beautiful! but.... i do think it is strange that its a different phone, yet looks the same

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I love it. My sister has a 1stGen iPod Touch. I've been so use to my iPhone 3Gs curve back that when I hold her iPodT it feels weird and almost uncomfortable.

However, I did wish that the back of it was matte. If anything, I wish it was like the back of the Ai iMac. I love the feeling of the back of the iMac.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't mind the design of the 3G,so it's no big deal for me. I thought the new one would look similar,just maybe thinner.

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
If you own a 3G iPhone, how could you not love the design being the same. I have 3 different cases, 2 extra screen protectors, a belkin fm transmitter. Now with the update to 3.0 I can use the bluetooth headset that has been gathering dust since I switched to the iPhone.

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Im happy with it. I'm not sure just how much sexier you could make it. It's gorgeous!! All i care about is what the phone can do. Apple nailed the best looking device last year, now they are nailing and locking down the best features. We can finally stop hearing everyone else say what there phones can do without jailbreaking. The iphone is close to being 99% perfect in looks and in what the phone can do.

iSkythe

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I would've wanted the matte backing, so it doesn't show the many fingerprints. But I'm happy with the 3G design anyway.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
The Xbox 360 doesn't look the same as Xbox, the PS3 doesn't look the same as PS2. No new "upgrade" usually looks the same, it's the american way so no I'm not happy. I mean.. does a BMW M3 look the same since 2000? Imagine if all cars from the same manufacturer looked the same.. interesting.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm happy. My cases and docks will continue working. Plus we won't have to wait months for all new accessories to hit the market- a wide variety is already available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh