Anyone got their Typo keyboards yet?

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I was going to preorder a Typo keyboard, but wanted to know if anyone received their case yet? They were to ship on 1/27 I think and wanted to know the community's feedback.

Think it looks awesome!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going to pass on that accessory, but if you order it, by all means report back and let us know how you like it ...SMILE

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes I was on the fence about buying one decided my touch id is more important

Still curious how you like it a review would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For me, non BlackBerry devices ARE touchscreen devices, so I don't see why I would need to splash for a Typo keyboard which isn't as stable and durable as it should be, as pointed out by Crackberry Kevin.

So, no, no physical keyboards on anything other than a BlackBerry, as I don't see anyone doing better physical keyboards than them. And my buying decisions reflect the same.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Give us your feedback when you get it. Doesn't sound like it is anywhere near the quality of a BB keyboard so I don't have an interest but maybe they have made some improvements from when CB Kevin gave his opinion.

Sent using Tapatalk

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a huge love for BlackBerry, I loved the physical keyboard. That is why I chose to at least try this keyboard. I was wondering if anyone else in the community had tried it yet.

Sorry if you hate BlackBerry, but most of us that have came to iOS started with Blackberry. I communicate all day long and I am typing away and I have so many errors that I spend a lot of time correcting my mistakes so I thought I would try this.

Though mainly I love my i5 because iOS works better for me than BB10.

I will post after I get it in almost 2 months. Big wait.

Sent from my iPhone, I like it a lot

Last edited:

hudss

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Cancelled mine. Didn't like the fact you can't use control center besides the fingerprint. Asked about shipping since eta was January. Kept getting answers about delays due to weather. Sounds like a bunch of bull...especially since on their site it's mentioned that your card would not be charged until shipped. Charged me beginning of December. They have since removed that statement from their page. Good scam though..charge all cards and collect 2 months of interest..

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
They are probably in the courts debating with BlackBerry right now. That might be causing the delays.

byrddman

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have received my Typo Keyboard. I ordered it wayyy back in the beginning of December when they were first announced. I emailed them many times in regards to shipping and when they would finally get shipped out. I got the same response as the delay because of weather posted above. I received mine about a month ago on 2-8-14. My dad also ordered once much later and it appears that they just go down through their cue of orders to get them shipped out. He received his a few days later. They did charge my credit card the day that I ordered it, but they also sent me an email in regards to why this needed to be done, I was wondering if any one else got this email.

As for the device, I have owned every iPhone (except the 3GS) and I have had some Blackberrys scattered in there as well (9000, 9700, 9900) and I even tried out BB10 (bought the Z10 on launch day). I have always been looking for a physical keyboard as I enjoyed typing on the BBs a lot. This device will fill the void if you are searching for a BB keyboard. I just encourage you to not get your mind set on the device working like a BB once you receive the keyboard because it is still an iPhone with an attachment. It does take a couple of days to get used to and you will contemplate not using it at all because you will think that you can just type faster on the iOS keyboard, but stick with it, and it will pay off. I have been off and on with mine for a couple of weeks now, depending on what I am doing or where I am going. I can share with you that my dad who has been a die-hard Blackberry user, it is the only phone that he has ever used, loves the keyboard. Claims that he has not had to make any adjustments at all, besides getting used to a new operating system, but I helped him with that.

For those of you out there waiting for the keyboard because you miss a Blackberry keyboard then you will really enjoy the experience with it, but if you are getting it just for something to try then it will be up to you.

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my typo today, very light. Can't get to the power button very easily. Every button unlocks the phone. Took it off in 4 hours because my kids kept unlocking my phone.

Will try again later but for now darn, just darn. I guess I got used to my virtual keyboard. Didn't know that auto correct was so good until it's not there anymore.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my typo today, very light. Can't get to the power button very easily. Every button unlocks the phone. Took it off in 4 hours because my kids kept unlocking my phone.

Will try again later but for now darn, just darn. I guess I got used to my virtual keyboard. Didn't know that auto correct was so good until it's not there anymore.

That's one of the problems I have with how iOS handles Bluetooth keyboards. I don't understand why it has to completely disable autocorrect when a BT keyboard is connected.

MrZ_Tech

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
That's one of the problems I have with how iOS handles Bluetooth keyboards. I don't understand why it has to completely disable autocorrect when a BT keyboard is connected.

I don't have a typo keyboard, I have a different keyboard...it's just a $20 keyboard case that I got off of amazon. But I have found a way where simple auto correct can be initiated with words that need apostrophes like "can't, I'm, there's". Here's how, to go settings>general>keyboard> shortcuts. There you'll be able to put the corrected phrase in the "phrase" field and and the shortcut (if we were using the above examples: cant, im, theres) in the shortcut field. When ever you go to type you will have "auto correct" for your bluetooth keyboards. The only thing that I haven't been able to do is auto capitalization. But let's face it, unless you're typing to a superior, you don't really need it, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5S 32 GB using Tapatalk

MrZ_Tech

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

that's one problem and reason why I won't get the typo, it will turn on with the push of any button. that's just poor design skill. but please read my comment about how to get auto correct for your bluetooth keyboard.

MrZ_Tech

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
No I mean for iPhone, i text differently on my than when I am using a full keyboard like a laptop or like device for my iPad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative