Anyone getting the Apple watch just because it is the hottest thing out there?

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Personally, I buy what I want to use, not try to show off that I have the latest hottest item. But I know someone who doesn't really use tech but always gets the latest thing just because.

What about you? Are you getting it because it is the hottest thing? Or do you know someone who does that?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no doubt that there will be people who buy the  Watch for the sole purpose of having the latest hot item. ...;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure there are those who do that. But $400 is a lot to spend to just "show off" the latest greatest gizmo. Most people will not have one.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I buy what I want to use, not try to show off that I have the latest hottest item. But I know someone who doesn't really use tech but always gets the latest thing just because.

What about you? Are you getting it because it is the hottest thing? Or do you know someone who does that?

I'd say there will be about the same percentage of "gotta have it" buyers as those who got the Moto 360 when it first came out.

Its their money....

inmnbob

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I bought it because it was the latest thing out there. I actually moved from Samsung and the Gear to Apple and the Watch hoping to use the Watch more than I did with the Samsung or the Pebble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes although the person might not be tech inclined they might have someone who is in their life. My wife for example. She always has one model older as I buy new devices. She is buying the iPhone 6s not because she will know the new features but because she likes the Apple experience and it's the newest model.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I know several people who purchase things just because they are the cool items of the week.

Me personally, no. Although, when there are gadgets (especially Apple goodies) I want to buy, I don't particularly care about the cost. You can bet my wife likes that. :rolleyes:

So . . . maybe, to some degree, I'm one of those people, too.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I will get it because all my devices are Apple and it will be just plug and play.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice