Anyone getting rid of their ipad 3 to get a mini?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Arghhhh I'm so on the fence with this. I want to get a MIni but I think it's more for the reason that I've been salivating over the idea of a smaller iPad forever. I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 5 and I have never had a problem with size or weight on any of the iPads I've owned. So I think the Mini is purely a "I want it because it's new and awesome" play for me. I'm trying to resist but I feel my will power breaking at times.

Gotta tell you. I love it! If I could get at least $500 for my 32gig iPad 3 I would sell it.

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I also have the iPhone 5 and the iPad 3. I bought the iPad mini at Best Buy and played with it all weekend. Absolutely loved the size! But I could not justify keeping it and returned it today. I was hoping the screen display would not bother me but there truly is a significant difference. So I will wait for retina display on the mini and I will definitely buy one then!

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I also got the Mini with the idea of playing with it and seeing if the display would bother me (coming from an iPad 3 and an iPhone 5) and I already sold the iPad. I can see how people might make a big deal over the screen resolution - you definitely see the difference when holding it close and using applications (like Kindle or iBooks) that feature text. But for me the improvement in size/weight and therefore handling (again for me) more than makes up for the decrease in sharpness of the text. And to be honest, when watching a video or playing a game I don't even notice the difference. Very happy with the "downgrade" from the 3 to the Mini.

Hen1rietta234

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why I'm even considering, but I'm debating selling my ipad 3 and getting a mini. The slightly smaller form factor would make it more usable.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I also have the iPhone 5 and the iPad 3. I bought the iPad mini at Best Buy and played with it all weekend. Absolutely loved the size! But I could not justify keeping it and returned it today. I was hoping the screen display would not bother me but there truly is a significant difference. So I will wait for retina display on the mini and I will definitely buy one then!

If I did that my wife would kill me even if I said I was returning it lol The problem for me is with the introduction of the iPad 4 my iPad 3 has now dropped in value after only 7 months. I'm not willing to give up $2-300 just for the Mini. I know that by next year when I want to buy the iPad 5 or new iPad Mini my iPad 3 will be worth even less but we humans are emotional creatures not logical ones.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Happy I made the move. The keyboard allows for faster input and it just so light. I don't feel pretentious about pulling it out....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
For me, that would be a downgrade

I guess it's all in the view of each user. Using it more because its thinner and lighter with a smaller footprint would be an upgrade for me. If all I was considering is the specs and display then your statement would be true for me too. However my using history between the two indicates I have a strong preference for the iPad mini which the specs and display cannot over come. Different strokes....

DAB using Tapatalk HD
iPhone 5 32GB White / iPad Mini 32GB White
iPad 4 16GB White

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If I did that my wife would kill me even if I said I was returning it lol The problem for me is with the introduction of the iPad 4 my iPad 3 has now dropped in value after only 7 months. I'm not willing to give up $2-300 just for the Mini. I know that by next year when I want to buy the iPad 5 or new iPad Mini my iPad 3 will be worth even less but we humans are emotional creatures not logical ones.

Exactly why you should sell your 3 and get a mini :D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I used one this weekend and after reading through this thread I thought the screen would be horrendous. I was surprised to find that it was surprisingly crisp. The only time I noticed the huge difference between my iPad 3 and the Mini was in the Photos. It was immediately apparent to me how fuzzy they were compared to my iPad 3. However as anyone knows selling a 2 gen old Apple device guarantees you will get peanuts for it. So now with the release of the iPad 4 I'm contemplating selling my iPad 3 to either buy an iPad 4 or a Mini to wait for the iPad 5.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm hardly using my iPad 3. If I don't at least start using it a little soon, I'm selling it. Just love the size and weight of the mini.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm hardly using my iPad 3. If I don't at least start using it a little soon, I'm selling it. Just love the size and weight of the mini.

I would sell too but the value plummeted. I paid $650 for 32gig with tax like 7 months ago. The apple store is selling refurbished ones for $469 so the most I would get is maybe $400.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I would sell too but the value plummeted. I paid $650 for 32gig with tax like 7 months ago. The apple store is selling refurbished ones for $469 so the most I would get is maybe $400.

Actually I got $500 for my iPad 3.

Sent by the elves living in my iPad Mini.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Good for you. Not sure why anyone would buy used for more than they would pay apple.

Me either but happens all the time. I always sell big hear in Hawaii but the folks from China send them to their family members

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dasupaman23

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
Just traded my 3rd gen iPad for a mini. Only thing I miss is the LTE. Other than that, this thing is more fun to use. The iPad was awkward to use sometimes because of the size. Plus I can put an Otterbox on this and still use it comfortably. Now that the LTE version is out I'm thinking of switching to that.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I did. I’ve had my Mini for about a week now... and yesterday I gave my 3rd gen iPad to my wife. I am perfectly happy with the resolution, the size and the compactness of the Mini... no looking back!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had my mini for about 2 weeks now... And I've used it more than I ever had my iPad 3... And not jus because it's new... Even after just getting my 3 back 7 months ago i never used it as much as i d the mini... I take the mini with me a LOT more simply because it's smaller and easy to lug around. Use it in bed all the time - easy to hold overhead for reading.

For me, the form factor of the mini is absolutely perfect. Retina what? ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR