Anyone else's phone.....

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else's iPhone 6 or any other shuts off when it gets too cold? Had it happen to me before when it gets hot. But took my kids sledding today and had it shutoff on my. Had to plug it in to get it back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
around -16 celsius in Edmonton today and mine didn't shut off at all while I was outside shovelling and doing my walk.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine hasn't shut off. But I've read that it could be harmful to expose phones to extremes so I keep it in my pocket if it's very cold outside. These mornings it's been in the teens in the morning when I go to work so I keep it in my pocket until the car is warmed up and then I put it on the charger.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
On its website, Apple suggests that you only use your iPhone in environments 32? and 95? F, since "low- or high-temperature conditions might temporarily shorten battery life or cause the device to alter its behavior to regulate its temperature." So if your charge is low, say about 20%, the cold could easily knock your phone's power off. FaceTime does my old iP 5 that way. It zaps the battery.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

boeingrules

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken the lower end of the listed operating temperatures on Apple's website is 0 degrees Celsius in ambient temperature, which is the freezing point. Tests on YouTube find that any lower than that the performance of the device is impaired and under -20 degrees it shuts off.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I had a note 4 that would randomly shut off while I was in the desert. Hasn't happened w this phone though.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR