Anyone else in this scenario? (AT&T pre-order)

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested to see how their "first come first serve" policy is affected by orders being processed through the day after they were placed!

Either way, if I get it on the 24th, or not for a few days after, I just wanted confirmation that there was an order out there with my name on it!

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you ty182. No emails, errors checking order status, etc.
Unfortunately AT&T sent me cancellation email this morning.
Thanks AT&T for being so kind to cancel my order. Just what I wanted. :)

Update: Looks like my order was placed. :)
The first two times I tried placing it through AT&T yesterday, instead of a confirmation page, I received an error page. But looking at the order number that went through, and the order numbers that were canceled, my 2nd attempt went through. In a much better mood now.

Last edited:

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone been charged for their pre-order yet or is that done when it's shipped? My order has been processed as of the 15th....thanks for any help~Chris

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I was told by the kind lady at AT&T Customer Support that I wouldn't be charged until my order was shipped. And then I was promptly charged this morning.

JRoZe410

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hell,I am still in this boat.I finally got my order through around 9:30 am est yesterday morning.I received my confirmation email right away with the order number and everything.I check my order status and it still is giving me this.

OS001: We're sorry but the information you entered was not recognized by our systems. Please contact us for further assistance.

If I put my phone number in there because I was once with ATT ,but now with T-Mobile I get my order from August of my Iphone 3GS.I called them yesterday twice and finally got through.The guy I talked to said my order is being processed, so hopefully it is on my order status tonight because I am getting really worried now.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Same with mine. I placed my order around noon on the 15th. I'm assuming that most of the orders aren't showing up in the system until today anyways due to the overload. I know the rep I spoke with yesterday DID say my order was in the system and being processed.

Hmmm. It's weird that yours says 6/16, but doesn't show that it is backordered. I got my order in at about 5:15 AM on the 15th. Got my confirmation email a few minutes later. When I check my status it says mine is backordered?

rydeordie2302

May 7, 2010
Visit site
wow, can't believe all these problems from such big companies lol..
i placed my order 6/15 at around 8:30 a.m., I got an email and everything..My order status says in progress, although my cc hasn't been charged. hopefully my order is good to go. anyone else in the same position?

mobile79

May 22, 2010
Visit site
At this point I would just like to be able to view my order status. I get the red "info not recognized" message, but I got an email confirmation with an order number. Ordered yesterday early afternoon, online at at&t.

TheBaconKing

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I Pre-ordered 2 iPhones a little after 4 AM Central time on the 15th when AT&T started accepting pre-orders on their website. I was having no luck with Apple.

I ordered a 32g Black for my father, and a 16g Black for myself. We are on a family plan, but I ordered separately his with his credit card and mine with my Visa debit card (knowing at&t said they wouldn't accept debit cards).

I went to bed shortly after saving a copy of the order confirmation receipt that showed up after I pre-ordered both. I woke up and checked the e-mail account tied to the Family plan, and no emails whatsoever. I checked the order status, and the 32g iPhone (credit card iPhone) was processed and everything was fine. The 16g iPhone (debit card iPhone) had no record and was getting the error many experienced when checking the status.

I called AT&T 3 times yesterday.
The first time I had no hold time and talked to a male representative who was very nice. He was seeing the same thing I was, and transferred me to some online order department where I was hold for 20 min. The guy there was clueless and said it should show up within the next 6-8 hours.

8 Hours later, nothing. I call back and was on hold for about 9-10 min before talking to a nice lady (I was actually surprised how nice she was). She was having the same issue as the very first guy. So she transferred me to the online order department yet again. Less than a minute on hold she get back on the line and said that I couldn't be put through due to a high call volume. She apologized and was very nice about it. Before I hung up she game me the number to get ahold of the online order department directly.

I call them 2 times. The first time I couldn't get through like the lady who gave me the number. 10 minutes later I try again and get through. I was on hold waiting for someone to answer for 40 minutes. The rude lady who answered told me to wait 48 hours and check. 40 minutes for a 3 minute call that gets me nowhere.

Fast forward to today, I woke up checked the status and it is in progress now. So it went through and now shows when I type the confirmation number in. It didn't show up until the 17th but it shows order date as the 16th. I am just hoping priority goes to date and time ordered, and not when processed.

I stayed up until 4 in the AM because I am traveling across the states for the whole month of July. I would be very disappointed if AT&T screws this up. Then again it wouldn't surprise me as this isn't the first time I would be disappointed in AT&T.

EDIT: I would like to mention this morning my Debit card was charged the full $216.91 for the order. I cannot comment on the 32g order as I do not have access to my fathers Credit Card.

If anyone want the number that takes you directly to the online order department, or wherever I was transferred to two times yesterday, here it is.
866-391-0749

Last edited:

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
great. all was good until a couple minutes ago when I checked my status, which previously said received--> processing. Now it says Received-->Attention (in red). I guess they need more information but I would have never found out there was attention needed if I didn't check. Now I am trying to get through to a representative....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I even called AT&T about 2 hours ago to verify my address, I was worried they still had my old address in their system and it would be shipped there. They guy verifed everything was set to the right address and indicated it looked like I should receive it on the 24th. Mayhem.

JRoZe410

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
great. all was good until a couple minutes ago when I checked my status, which previously said received--> processing. Now it says Received-->Attention (in red). I guess they need more information but I would have never found out there was attention needed if I didn't check. Now I am trying to get through to a representative....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I even called AT&T about 2 hours ago to verify my address, I was worried they still had my old address in their system and it would be shipped there. They guy verifed everything was set to the right address and indicated it looked like I should receive it on the 24th. Mayhem.

What time did you pre-order it yesterday?

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I talked to a rep and she said that is fairly common. Since it is a premier account some are flagged for review. She said it should switch back. Hope she's right....*fingers crossed*

mobile79

May 22, 2010
Visit site
My order is still showing the "not found" message in order status. It's been 30+ hours since I placed the order online. At least I know I'm not the only one antsy around here.

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Well I pre-ordered mine on the 15th at about 4:30 central time. Got my confirmation email at 4:40pm and was really excited that I finally got it done. About an hour later I helped my lady friend reserve hers for pickup seeing as how she wouldnt be getting off of work until late on the 24th so there would be no way to sign for it.

My order status wasnt showing up so I was getting worried. WELL!....yesterday afternoon I get an email from AT&T saying my order was cancelled! Apparently a deposit is required for me and they (for whatever reason) wouldnt take one online at the time So now I get to go wait it out in line all night!

If they had told me I was gonna need a deposit initially instead of sending me a confirmation email etc. I would have just reserved it! AT&T really screwed me on this one