Anyone else in this scenario? (AT&T pre-order)

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Pre-ordered from AT&T today, upgrading my existing line, at 6:15AM EST. Selected a 16GB Black iPhone 4, stuck with the same features to my plan, entered my CC number (NOT debit card), double-checked the number, all is well.

Submitted the order, received a "ORDER COMPLETE!" window with an order number.

Since then? No e-mail, no charge to my credit card. And, obviously, AT&T has been either of no help, or unreachable.

Now, I obviously want to refrain from trying to upgrade again and ending up with two phones and a big mess on my hands. Anyone else in this position? If so, has anyone been able to get a solid response from AT&T?

I thought I was in business when things went smoothly this morning!

Thanks

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
that is the first i have heard today. are you a premiere account member? cause when i ordered since i get a discount on my service from my employer everything i do upgrade wise is through the premiere site. i got an email and they have charged my card. i also have an ID or order number to check the status of my order. I'd wait a few more hours and then attempt to try and call them.

Wujifei

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same situation as you... but I am a new customer... whats worse was I closed the order confirmation window without writing down the order number.. I thought they are going to send me one but its been 2 hrs now I havent see anything from ATT regarding a confirmation email or anything.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I just completed my order through AT&T about 20 minutes ago. No email confirmation, but I'm not sure they send one. We should be able to check our order status sometime tomorrow to confirm we will have our phones :)

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Just a regular member -- not premier. I have the confirmation page printed out and all that info saved. When I try and track the order via the Order Number or Wireless Number, I get an error saying that that information is not in their database.

There is a statement on that page that says order status may not be available within the first 24 hours, but it sounds like other people are getting more progress than me. Yet, my order went through with no hitches, and before the crashes today.

ugahairydawgs

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I finally got mine to go through Premier about 30 minutes ago. Confirmation e-mail hit my Inbox about 5 minutes later.

I would call 'em (if you can get through).

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I finally got mine to go through Premier about 30 minutes ago. Confirmation e-mail hit my Inbox about 5 minutes later.

I would call 'em (if you can get through).

that was me as well. except it was alot earlier this morning. when you got an email did it have an activation code in the email? cause i got one for some reason i thought all activation was done through itunes.?

Wujifei

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just a regular member -- not premier. I have the confirmation page printed out and all that info saved. When I try and track the order via the Order Number or Wireless Number, I get an error saying that that information is not in their database.

There is a statement on that page that says order status may not be available within the first 24 hours, but it sounds like other people are getting more progress than me. Yet, my order went through with no hitches, and before the crashes today.

hey I just called ATT premier support and they first checked my order (they say it might not go through) and luckily it went through smoothly and she gave me the order confirmation #. She told me that they are overwhelmed by this iphone 4 launch all day. She said that there will be an order confirmation email send to me when the system is not that busy... I would recommend you call them to make sure your order went through.

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
hey I just called ATT premier support and they first checked my order (they say it might not go through) and luckily it went through smoothly and she gave me the order confirmation #. She told me that they are overwhelmed by this iphone 4 launch all day. She said that there will be an order confirmation email send to me when the system is not that busy... I would recommend you call them to make sure your order went through.

Thanks -- that's helpful. Hopefully I can actually make it through to a support person!

Sorry for making a new thread -- just didn't see anyone else mentioning this scenario. Kind of an odd one.

denness544

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I also went through my AT&T Premiere website to upgrade my 3GS. I got a confirmation along with the activation link, so I think we're OK guys.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
On hold with AT&T to find out why I haven't received my order confirmation email yet. They can't find my order...eep!

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I was charged but no email was sent. Order did not through and did not know of charge until bank called. AT&T support was quick to take my call. She said it could take 24 hours to get order on her screen.

She said to call ecom 866-391-0749 tomorrow and they can tell you if it was processed. She also said that they are not answering today.

siddfinch

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I spoke with ATT support. She couldn't locate my order, so it's starting to sound like the default response is that the orders are just taking long time to process. My interpretation is that they have no clue what is going to pop up on that screen by tomorrow.

The way they left it with me is that they're calling me by tomorrow AM if there are any issues with my order. We'll see how they handle this one.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Update -- just checked my order status and it's processed, but the date stamp is 6/16, even though it was ordered on 6/15.

Same with mine. I placed my order around noon on the 15th. I'm assuming that most of the orders aren't showing up in the system until today anyways due to the overload. I know the rep I spoke with yesterday DID say my order was in the system and being processed.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
that was me as well. except it was alot earlier this morning. when you got an email did it have an activation code in the email? cause i got one for some reason i thought all activation was done through itunes.?

I was confused about that activation code too. I don't remember that being an option last year when I pre-ordered my 3GS through ATT.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I know at my friend's call center, they are doing about 2K+
worth of contingencies for orders that were placed and
didn't go through. I'm assuming that may be why they
suspended them online.

Apple ftw :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics