Anyone else having email issues today?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't get a lot of emails, but the few I do have been coming thru. Sometimes they pop thru but sometimes il just open my mail app to check and then I get one in.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No, I have received all of them today, although the 2 that came from my Hotmail account did arrive 2 hours after they were sent which I found a little unusual since I always get emails pretty quick. .

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having email issues today?
Nope.

FYI, emails on iPad and iPod Touch work fine. Don't know if it is just a 4S issue or all iPhones.
I wouldn't be so quick to assume a broad problem. You'd certainly hear about it if there was one.

There are many potential points of failure (your account, mail server, your device, tower/network issues, etc) that may be specific just to you or a relatively small group. It's not like the BB where all data is routed through RIM's infrastructure causing a massive potential single point of failure.

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
FYI, emails on iPad and iPod Touch work fine. Don't know if it is just a 4S issue or all iPhones.

its just you I think because its not me mine came through fine all day.. email is different then blackberrys on iPhone it connects directly to your mail server.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting mine after I open mail, which is weird .... Getting them on my iPad and MB Pro without issue

Same here. MBP, iPad. iPod-T all still receiving emails fine. I checked the 4S's notification pull-down just now and there were no emails, which is odd especially at this time of day. Then I went into one of my mail accounts and a bunch came through at once. Not good. :(

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Nope.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume a broad problem. You'd certainly hear about it if there was one.

There are many potential points of failure (your account, mail server, your device, tower/network issues, etc) that may be specific just to you or a relatively small group. It's not like the BB where all data is routed through RIM's infrastructure causing a massive potential single point of failure.

Not assuming at all ;) Just asking so I would know if it was just my device, just my area/network or just a couple of 4s's here in the LA area (on two different carriers) before I go and visit the genius bar. And now I know it's also happened to another 4s on AT&T in Ohio too.

I probably should have written "not sure if it is just a 4s issue or if other iPhone models are affected." ;)

And yes, I come from the BlackBerry world so I am accustomed to such outages. :p

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2