Anyone else having A LOT of trouble hearing calls on their iPhone 4?

chudinka

Feb 17, 2009
Visit site
When I stand in places with full signal (rubber case on and all) I can BARELY hear a thing the person at the other end of the call is saying unless I put the phone on speaker. Then, I have no issues. I checked I have the phone at full volume always its just really hard to hear.

chudinka

Feb 17, 2009
Visit site
Haha, yes I did remove the plastic :)

The first couple of days the sound was fine but today is just changed. No water damage, haven't dropped it. I don't understand :(

Last edited by a moderator:

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes having a REAL problem it sound garbled and sound comes in and out and especially when I'm talking to someone else with an iphone!

p8ntball8

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been reading a lot of these post and threads. I'm eligable for upgrade and interested in the iPhone 4 but it seems too many issues with either the phone or software. idk.. My son has 3Gs and has not upgraded as yet to IOS4, he's holding off. I'm on the fence now abt this new iPhone...:confused:

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Hm. I haven't had any issues with audio volume. I assume you have increased the volume of the speaker during a call. Try switching 3G off and making a call. Audio should be a little louder over Edge. If not, it might be a problem with the speaker itself :-/