Anyone else feel like this phone is too light?

Key22

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It is light...we all know that. But I played with my IPhone 5 all day today and my hand never started to ache due to the weight of the phone. If you have ever played with a phone for hours at a time you would eventually have to change hands or reposition the phone in your hand to stop your hand from aching. With the IPhone 5 being light there is no need for that. I applaud Apple for taking everything into consideration with this Iphone 5. If you put a case on it though it won't be as light and you will eventually get use to it. Just give it some time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is light...we all know that. But I played with my IPhone 5 all day today and my hand never started to ache due to the weight of the phone. If you have ever played with a phone for hours at a time you would eventually have to change hands or reposition the phone in your hand to stop your hand from aching. With the IPhone 5 being light there is no need for that. I applaud Apple for taking everything into consideration with this Iphone 5. If you put a case on it though it won't be as light and you will eventually get use to it. Just give it some time.

I have no doubt that I and others would get used to its lightweight feel and come to appreciate it, but I can only go by how it feels right now and I can't help but compare to my current device, the 4S. It's like night and day, but not necessarily in a bad way. The very first thing people were saying was how light it is. Well, I agree with those people because it is light and *compared to the 4S*, some may say it's a tad too light. A few people are seemingly taking that description as a negative and it is not. It's a fact. That difference in weight does not diminish the greatness of the iPhone 5 in any way, in my opinion, and the sales numbers agree.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have no doubt that I and others would get used to its lightweight feel and come to appreciate it, but I can only go by how it feels right now and I can't help but compare to my current device, the 4S. It's like night and day, but not necessarily in a bad way. The very first thing people were saying was how light it is. Well, I agree with those people because it is light and *compared to the 4S*, some may say it's a tad too light. A few people are seemingly taking that description as a negative and it is not. It's a fact. That difference in weight does not diminish the greatness of the iPhone 5 in any way, in my opinion, and the sales numbers agree.

You know, in the beginning when I first got my iPhone the first thing I noticed was how light it was an how awkward it was holding it and texting on it. But then I realized, just like any other new phone you'll get upgraded from a previous phone no matter apple to android to Samsung, all phones are different sizes weights and shapes and in about a few hours of phone usage you quickly learn your way around your new device and it becomes easier to use :)