Anyone Else Bored With Their iPhone?

Shanicenicolle

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm pretty bored with current devices (iPad Mini + iPhone5) as all my previous devices were either jailbroken (Apple) or rooted (Android). So not being able to currently jailbreak both of my devices/toys... can make the devices a bit boring to use. Patiently waiting for iOS 7 to come out, so I can at least have something "new" to tinker with.. and then hopefully, a jailbreak will come out for 7. :D

This is my exact situation. My mini had become a glorified ereader since I took the jailbreak off

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe its just me but I don't play with the ui of my devices much. As a rule of thumb I only tend to be in apps e.g. browser, Facebook etc - the less I have to see of an interface the better... As long as said apps run and don't lag, it doesn't matter what device I pick up, if it works then crack on.

I guess this sums up what im trying to say pretty nicely (replace mac/pc with iOS/android) xkcd: Mac/PC

I can see what people are saying about iOS being stale don't get me wrong, it hasn't changed much in 6 years to look at, but at its very basic it's only really there to get you from 1 app to the next. Could it look prettier? Sure! Does it really need to? Probably not

Obviously I realise things like the control centre are completely new (and arguably should have been in from day 1), but I wouldn't say them being absent from iOS 6 is causing me any boredom (maybe some minor annoyance going into settings etc)

captaincalamity

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Ive been swapping between Android, windows Phone and iOS over the last few months but always come back to iOS, currently running an Iphone 5 64GB
Little things i love about the Iphone are the physical sound toggle switch on the side, which no other phone provides, its just so handy,also the way iOS multitasks, even with 1GB ram compared to Androids 2GB, you can have more frozen in the background and when switching between the apps just seem to switch so much smoother, I love the Android freedom to browse files and be able to drag and drop from the PC and use as a hard drive, also the way you can customise everything, but as an overall experience I find iOS to be quicker and faster for my needs.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I still don't understand how a person can be bored with the iPhone. It is a multimedia powerhouse. I can watch movies, read books, browse the web, listen to music and podcasts, play awesome games, social networking, and visit this nice forum. There are too many things you can do with this device to be bored.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Bumping this thread 1 year later as a new launch approaches.

My HTC One(M7) became sluggish after the 4.4 update. It's to the point that I almost want to throw it against the wall sometimes. Gave my iP5 to my brother back in March.

Need a new phone and when I saw the HTC M8, I almost jumped on board. Hopefully 48 hours from now I'll be able to reserve the next iPhone.

If I'm not overly 'wowed' by it. I think I'll give HTC M8 Windows P8 a shot.

Just got a new MacBook Air 13 and iPad Mini w/ Retina. There's a part of my that doesn't want to be completely invested in one 'brand' but if Yosemite and iOS 8 do all that they say I maybe be an All-Apple Man for the next 12 months.(I switch phones every year).

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Bumping this thread 1 year later as a new launch approaches.

My HTC One(M7) became sluggish after the 4.4 update. It's to the point that I almost want to throw it against the wall sometimes. Gave my iP5 to my brother back in March.

Need a new phone and when I saw the HTC M8, I almost jumped on board. Hopefully 48 hours from now I'll be able to reserve the next iPhone.

If I'm not overly 'wowed' by it. I think I'll give HTC M8 Windows P8 a shot.

Just got a new MacBook Air 13 and iPad Mini w/ Retina. There's a part of my that doesn't want to be completely invested in one 'brand' but if Yosemite and iOS 8 do all that they say I maybe be an All-Apple Man for the next 12 months.(I switch phones every year).

Congrats on the MBA, and iPad mini.

kdeckels

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was getting bored with some features, until I sent it in to get the battery replaced & used a Droid Razr for literally 5 days & I couldn't wait to get back to it.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I got lucky and scored the MPA from a Best Buy employee here in NYC that was buying them on her ee discount and selling for a small profit on Craigslist.

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was getting bored with some features, until I sent it in to get the battery replaced & used a Droid Razr for literally 5 days & I couldn't wait to get back to it.

Hmmm... Well, the Rzr isn't the gold standard for Android, but I get what you mean...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro