Anyone coming from Android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Another long time android user switching to the iPhone.

9ec1d60e55d72d22bcb8da61d0ca6ce3.png

https://apple.news/ANQ7oL0y8TbuYGUE6aetd4Q

yybenedb

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
BlackBerry by name only.

True enough except that it maintained some of the best features of BB. For me, what I am missing the most since switching to iPhone this week is the ability to launch an app by short or long pressing a preassigned key. I also miss the ability to lock certain apps that I don’t want my kids to tamper with when I let them use my phone.
Regarding Android vs. iPhone, I am finding the missing features in the iPhone version of the same app frustrating but am getting over that with the discovery of the degree of automation possible with the powerful shortcuts app.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Tried a Pixel 6 Pro for two days, didn't care for it, returned it. I prefer Samsung - it can do more with its hardware.

Thankfully I didn't sell my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
My work recently gave me a Samsung G20+ for testing, been playing with it and while android is great for what it does…I could not go back full time. Apple has got me hooked, mostly because of the ecosystem. What using this S20 confirmed for me is I definitely need 120hrz on my next device, wow it’s a bigger difference than I expected. I know Samsung has 120 always on compared to dynamic oh iPhone, but it’s enough for me to get a pro over the regular 13.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The 13 pro 8e a awesome device. I also have a Samsung s21 5g which is also a good phone but the iPhone beats it out.

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My best friend just upgraded to the newest Samsung. She is waiting on its arrival. She was just about ready to try Apple13 pro max and her sales rep told her she would have great difficulty making the switch. I switched in 2016 with no issues. Her daughter and I have been trying for a long time to get her to try Apple but now that’s completely out of the question because a sales rep possibly Samsung rep talked her out of it. Best Buy so yes, most likely
Oh well ….told her if she ends up not liking it to give it a try

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My best friend just upgraded to the newest Samsung. She is waiting on its arrival. She was just about ready to try Apple13 pro max and her sales rep told her she would have great difficulty making the switch. I switched in 2016 with no issues. Her daughter and I have been trying for a long time to get her to try Apple but now that’s completely out of the question because a sales rep possibly Samsung rep talked her out of it. Best Buy so yes, most likely

Share this with her.

https://youtu.be/wsYJimrdVi0

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

I'm waiting to see what the new s22 ultra is gonna look like. Seems it's gonna be a note and S series mix. She should've held out, it will be fully unveiled on Feb 9th probably on sale a week after that

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting to see what the new s22 ultra is gonna look like. Seems it's gonna be a note and S series mix. She should've held out, it will be fully unveiled on Feb 9th probably on sale a week after that

The s21 ultra only sold around 6.3 million units globally, I don’t think the s22 note will do any better sales wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods