Anyone buying both the Mini Retina & Air?

Scallops

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
The Air has a much better screen. Hands down without question. It's quality with the Air or settle for less with the Mini.

Exactly. Frankly, they are chalk and cheese. And what exactly is an iPad? It's a screen. That is how I made up my mind.....and so, my rMini was returned for the Air. Love it.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The Air has a much better screen. Hands down without question. It's quality with the Air or settle for less with the Mini.

Even though the air has a better screen the screen on my retina mini still looks amazing and I'd only be able to tell the difference if I had an air and a MiniR side by side.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
In January I bought both 32GB Air LTE and rMini LTE. I love being able to just switch devices when the battery dies on one and figure the battery will last 2x as long since they're only being charged 1/2 as often.

via the phone

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
After I moaned, whined, and b*tched for a year about the original Mini not having retina and that being the reason holding me back from purchasing a Mini, I'm actually considering selling my Mini with Retina to get an iPad Air. The screen real estate being the biggest reason right before the speaker volume being better. I was using a friend's iPad Air the other day and couldn't believe what a difference the volume was on it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a mini Retina and would love to have an Air but I am not going to sell my Mini to get it and right now cannot warrant just going out and buying an Air as much as I would like one.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
They are different devices for different uses. I wouldn't buy both just for myself, but we already had iPad3 that my wife uses and it's nice to have both around the house. Air would be too big to take to work, though - Mini is simply perfect size for meetings / travel.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I sure did! I got the iPad mini for myself and my boyfriend is using the iPad Air.
Same device just different form factors. I do enjoy my little iPad :) and he loves his Air. My only gripe is that I would have gotten both with LTE.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I see myself buying a Mini in a couple generations...at the point where my Air is starting to get a bit long in the tooth but before I am ready to retire it from basic tasks like watching videos and reading books. I love using my tablet as a laptop replacement with a keyboard cover though and the Mini's screen size is to small for my tastes for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a mini and my wife has an Air. Personally I prefer using the Mini to my wife's. Plus it's easier to travel with.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I have an RMini. Whenever I play with an Air an the store I still prefer my mini. With that said, I would like to get my wife the Air for herself at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox