Anyone buying both the Mini Retina & Air?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a Att cellular Air. Ordered a Att cellular mini today. I did have to swap my Air today for a new retail unit since it kept respringing so my return period started over. Hopefully I get my cellular mini prior so I can decided what my preference is. Right now I am thinking to keep the Air.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I got both. I think the mini is possibly my favorite, but it's also shiny and new(er). I'm keeping both, I couldn't return one of them, they're both incredible tablets

I am just now getting my new Mini set up... but I love it already. My wife can have the Air...

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I was going to do this prior to getting my iPad Air. However, after spending a week with my Air I no longer want to go back to the smaller size Mini. I like the larger Retina display on the full size iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 5S.

Me too, IrishRose. Took Air on a trip & never felt overloaded the way I did w/ iPad 3. And this is after using the 1st gen mini for a year. The only difference I noticed was the screen size, not the weight. Pretty sweet!!!

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
My boss bought me an iPad Air but it is no problem to use for personal as well. But my wife convinced me that I needed to own the iPad Mini (Retina) because I should have my own device for home. So... I will have them both. Looking forward to the mini. Looks just about right for reading, surfing and even watching movies. The smaller screen doesn't bother me for movie watching like it does some people.

RealNeal

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Bought both. 64GB Silver. The Air is my home machine I use in the office for email, web surfing, movies and reading. The bigger display is perfect for this. The Mini is my portable 'on the road device', and will also be my gaming machine. The Air is just too big for games.

bembol

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I know the Mini is more suitable but there's just something about the Air I love, that's why I'm keeping it and ordering the MiniR this weekend.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Have both. Gave the air to my mum and kept the RdMini for myself. It seemed like a suitable replacement for my PlayBook. The RdMini is big enough for me and the Air's glass seems weakly thin.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm doing something similar.

I have an old iPad 2 and a new Xperia Tablet Z. Will replace the iPad with a retina iPad Mini, when the time comes. (Thinking fall 2014, when the version with a touch sensor gets added?)

The different devices have different uses. The Z tablet is 1 lb like the Air. It just happens to be waterproof as well.

So it's understandable, having both forms.

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk 4

mrnserv

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Both. 128GB for both, found I was getting too slim on space when I purchased the original Mini in 32GB. Better too much space than not enough. Air mainly gets used at home when I don't want to use the Mac or just want to quickly check mail or do things from anywhere in house. Does go out for Portfolio viewing with clients and other uses. I use the Mini more at work and when out and about as its smaller and easier to carry. It gets more use overall and when I want to do things that are easier than the convenience of the iPhone that is always there with me. I found that I also tend to use the Mini on the plane when traveling as its smaller and easier to work with. Both have their time and place as do Macbook Air and Macbook Pro.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I still have both but I will return one. I have until 01/07/14 with Apple store holiday return policy to decide. Everyday my mind changes on which one I prefer. I came from a 1st gen iPad mini so I have love for the portable size especially with me taking it to work everyday. But then I love the bright color of the Air. I was set to keep the Air but the portablity is huge. I am 50/50 on which to keep. Thanks goodness for this long holiday return policy. I could not decide in 2 weeks.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I still have both but I will return one. I have until 01/07/14 with Apple store holiday return policy to decide. Everyday my mind changes on which one I prefer. I came from a 1st gen iPad mini so I have love for the portable size especially with me taking it to work everyday. But then I love the bright color of the Air. I was set to keep the Air but the portablity is huge. I am 50/50 on which to keep. Thanks goodness for this long holiday return policy. I could not decide in 2 weeks.

Garz! Noooooo!

I thought you were sold on the Air! Your logic reinforced my own. Now, I must reconsider retina mini

/sigh/...

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
My boss bought me an iPad Air but it is no problem to use for personal as well. But my wife convinced me that I needed to own the iPad Mini (Retina) because I should have my own device for home. So... I will have them both. Looking forward to the mini. Looks just about right for reading, surfing and even watching movies. The smaller screen doesn't bother me for movie watching like it does some people.

I need a wife like that!!!!

Mine just doesn't understand the extramarital obsession! Lol

I have the rMini and absolutely love it.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine today both the air and the r mini will certainly keep the r mini for me and the air for crismast gift. So far i love the r mini i dont know the different with previous model cos its my first buy ipad.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Garz! Noooooo!

I thought you were sold on the Air! Your logic reinforced my own. Now, I must reconsider retina mini

/sigh/...

The Air has a much better screen. Hands down without question. It's quality with the Air or settle for less with the Mini.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit