Anyone buying both the Mini Retina & Air?

mjcostajr

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I know I'm not the only crazy one who has been tempted to purchase both the Air & the Mini Retina. Or am I? If you did get both which models did you get?

Denisej

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Nope you're not the only one...LOL.... I have the iPad Air 32GB Verizon space grey and just ordered the iPad Mini w/ retina 32GB Verizon Silver ...I got a feeling there's a lot more of us out there too.....:)

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the iPad Air and my partner is currently using my old iPad 2 and enjoying using an iPad for the first time. He has coveted the iPad mini in the past. Perhaps I should order a Retina iPad mini for him for Christmas. But I'm not sure if he would prefer an iPad Air instead.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I did but only because I couldn't decide which one I wanted more. I'll return one of them.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I wouldn't buy both for me personally. Perhaps for another in household though but I'm not seeing much interest from anyone about tablets. To be honest, I think the retina Mini will be my last tablet buy for quite a while. Retina was all I wanted. The A7 is a bonus.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I originally wanted the Mini. I bought the Air, and am extremely satisfied with it... and thought I would no longer want the Retina Mini when it comes out.

Well, it is available now... and I still want a Mini. Lol so we'll see. I may end up buying both.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I was going to do this prior to getting my iPad Air. However, after spending a week with my Air I no longer want to go back to the smaller size Mini. I like the larger Retina display on the full size iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 5S.

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope you're not the only one...LOL.... I have the iPad Air 32GB Verizon space grey and just ordered the iPad Mini w/ retina 32GB Verizon Silver ...I got a feeling there's a lot more of us out there too.....:)
Would you be able to use 1 sim from one to the other without activating 2 accounts? I am asking this because I have verizon iPad 3 and want to buy mini but do not want/need to pay for two data services.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Would you be able to use 1 sim from one to the other without activating 2 accounts? I am asking this because I have verizon iPad 3 and want to buy mini but do not want/need to pay for two data services.

No. It would be nice, however, you can only have one account on one iPad at a time. You can switch sims from one iPad to the other, though.

Sent from my iPad Air

Richard Devine

iMore staff
Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I got both. I think the mini is possibly my favorite, but it's also shiny and new(er). I'm keeping both, I couldn't return one of them, they're both incredible tablets

mjcostajr

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Richard - I totally agree with you. I definitely think there's room in my workflow for both size devices. Video and games are great with the larger screen. Reading articles (iMore), listening to podcasts and the sheer portability make the mini amazing. It's much easier to pull out a mini in the bus or airplane or out of my lab coat then the Air. But I'm in love with both and can't wait for the Mini!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Kyboshed my plan to get the Mini R and then decide which one to keep. Loving my Air too much. I've made up my mind (and I have an original Mini to keep as a portable backup).

Denisej

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

I was able to swap my Verizon SIM card back and forth from the IPad 3 and IPad mini...only thing is the SIM cards are two different sizes so I purchased a SIM card adapter from Amazon for about $5 to use in the iPad 3 which required the larger SIM card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox