Anyone besides me, bought the latest iphone (13 proMax) and felt profound buyer's remorse ?

jfacts

Jan 25, 2022
Visit site
I'm feeling profound buyer's remorse from a substantial investment in apple yielding mostly, just a better camera and only for the time being. Silly, naive me, I even was daft enough to write on the apple forum, complaining and offering the 'why's ' in a very civilized way, hoping it would be taken in the correct vein. Their response ? Likely lots of you already know; they Removed my comment - seems they censor and only accept accolades. Can anyone relate ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm feeling profound buyer's remorse from a substantial investment in apple yielding mostly, just a better camera and only for the time being. Silly, naive me, I even was daft enough to write on the apple forum, complaining and offering the 'why's ' in a very civilized way, hoping it would be taken in the correct vein. Their response ? Likely lots of you already know; they Removed my comment - seems they censor and only accept accolades. Can anyone relate ?

I knew when I bought my iPhone 13 Pro that I didn’t need it. I also knew it wasn’t a huge upgrade from my iPhone 12 Pro, but I went ahead and purchased it anyway so no, I do not have profound buyers remorse.

I enjoy using my iPhone 13 Pro just like I’ve enjoyed using every iPhone I had before it going back to the iPhone 4S. I had an iPhone 3G, but I was too much of a BlackBerry guy to enjoy it at the time. ;)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I can't think of many times in life when I've had buyer's remorse and those were usually something like fashion or it issues.

The smart phones are quite mature now so most I can see how a purchase might not do so much for someone but as another example, I can see how just camera or battery life would be reasons for a purchase.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I ended up going from the XS to a 13Pro for my business device and I don’t have any buyer’s remorse. I could definitely see how someone could feel that way though. These are expensive devices that are pretty mature and don’t offer drastic upgrades, unless you’ve held on to your previous device for a few cycles. If you’re past the return window, just enjoy it for the next few years until you see a device that’s actually worth upgrading for!

Last edited:

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Not to sound like too much of a hard ***, but I have next to no sympathy for anyone who bought quite possibly the best smart phone ever made ... and didn't like it. What exactly did you think this thing was going to do for you? ....

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site

Would you mind mentioning your 'why's' here, then somebody might be able to give you civilized answers & comments.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I always get buyers remorse, even for the simplest things. And then 5 minutes later I decide not to overthink it.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have any buyers remorse for any of my iPhones, because I have always planned to purchase my phones ahead of time (usually 3-4 years between each phone).

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
No buyer’s remorse here. I always think carefully before I buy any phone, so when I do I’m pretty mature and comfortable with the idea. I think nowadays there’s no much room to get surprised by an iPhone, so anyone can know pretty much everything prior to buying. So, for me, no buyers remorse at all.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to a 13 PM from my 11 PM. I am very happy. What don’t you like about your purchase? I’d also add that I would find it odd for your post to be removed for the reasons you imply.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
What Apple forum did you write on? If you’re speaking the Apple Support community, I frequent it, have a substantial enough points/levels to remove postings, and I don’t remove posts that are mostly complaint (we get posts like this ).

No intended offense but you’re speaking as if you got cheated and martyred by buying a new phone but it only has a better camera and even the better camera won’t last (fyi, yes it will). Apple and places like Imore listed the differences between 12 and 13 as well as their recommendations on if you should upgrade from the 12 or 11 etc.

Please list your why it isn’t a good purchase, I assume you’re coming from a 12 Pro Max. We know you think only the camera and that won’t last. What else?
Otoh here’s some comparison outcomes between 12 and 13 P!: a significant jump in battery giving the longest lasting battery. The fastest CPU and GPU found in a phone including the newest 2022 Qualcomm SD. It comes with 120hz promotion and the display has a highest peak brightness ever for an iPhone. It throttles CPU/GPU less/sustains performance much better, it is also dimming less in outdoor warm settings. It’s stereo audio recording (“impressive”) outdid 12 pro in testing as well as loudspeaker testing.

summarization 12PM v 13PM: lbetter battery, better camera, better display, better SOC/CPU, better speakers, better mics, more usable outside in the sun, it throttles less.

shah954

Mar 6, 2022
Visit site
I never have experienced buyers remorse when purchasing a new iPhone. But its first time I am thinking to go with remorse variant,.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
You should suffer from BR ! Mobile phones are a ridiculous amount of money !! Top of the range phones even more so. Considering how much we have to pay to use them at all, plus the cost of ancillary services (Music, subs to all sorts of junk etc) that you don’t really need. Mobile phones should be given away free ! Or as in the early days, music etc should be provided by the phone maker to keep you loyal.
I do not include business phones which are after all tax efficient.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
All how you look at it. IMHO smartphones are not a ridiculous amount, not even remotely close. A smartphone, to many, is an everything device. It's how I directly communicate to friends and family, conduct business and interact with coworkers, personal and private businesses and more. It guides me to where I want to go and tells me what's there/around it when I get there. It's how I pay for most things at a physical store checkout. It's how I control my lights, HVAC, even performance and leaks to my hot water heater, a number of more things. It's how I deposit my checks and perform most banking, it's how I review and execute stock trades as well as monitor my 401k and more. It's part of my health monitoring(now a very important part). It's the main device I need/would need in numerous emergencies. It's what I use to photo/record daily things and special moment/events. It's the majority of my entertainment content. It's frequently what I use to shop for my needs from groceries to other necessities (and not so necessary). It's how I keep alert of weather and any emergencies. It's my needed distraction for (my preference of) word and puzzle games. It will even auto notify emergency services from an accidents/fall.
I'm not listing everything and I'm sure others can add to it too. Regardless, the amount of things that a smartphone provides in this one small device brings an almost absurd level of efficiency to this ever more complicated and interconnected world. I could go on.
If you see a device that performs all that and believe it should be 99 dollars or 199 dollars, that is obviously in your own experience and opinion. IME a smartphone is arguably one of the best deals in all of history when you stack up with what it does. And for me, and I suspect many, a smartphone is absolutely not a moment for 'I want it as absolutely cheap cheap as possible'. No! this is one device you want to go buy the very best you can afford (pardon to Rene for stealing part of his tag line). Finding cheap as possible is ok if buying a spatula or dust mope -- not a smartphone.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
All how you look at it. IMHO smartphones are not a ridiculous amount, not even remotely close. A smartphone, to many, is an everything device. It's how I directly communicate to friends and family, conduct business and interact with coworkers, personal and private businesses more. It guides me to where I want to go and tells me what's the there/around it when I get there. It's how I pay for most things at a physical store checkout. It's how I control my lights, HVAC, even performance and leaks to my hot water heater, a number of more things. It's how I deposit my checks and perform most banking, it's how I review and execute stock trades as well as monitor my 401k and more. It's part of my health monitoring(now a very important part). It's the main device I need/would need in numerous emergencies. It's what I use to photo/record daily things and special moment/events. It's the majority of my entertainment content. It's frequently what I use to shop for my needs from groceries to other necessities (and not so necessary). It's how I keep alert of weather and any emergencies. It's my needed distraction for (my preference of) words and puzzle games. It will auto notify emergency services from an accidents/fall.
I'm not listing everything and I'm sure others can add to it too. Regardless, the amount of things that a smartphone provides in this one small device bring an almost absurd level of efficiency to this ever more complicated and interconnected world. I could go on.
If you see a device that performs all that and believe it should be 99 dollars or 199 dollars, that is obviously in your own experience and opinion. IME a smartphone is arguably one of the best deals in all of history when you stack up with what it does. And for me, and I suspect many, a smartphone is absolutely not a moment for 'I want it as absolutely cheap cheap as possible'. No! this is one device you want to go buy the very best you can afford (pardon to Rene for stealing part of his tag line). Finding cheap as possible if for buying a spatula or dust mope -- not a smartphone.

You should work for Apple’s marketing department.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
All how you look at it. IMHO smartphones are not a ridiculous amount, not even remotely close. A smartphone, to many, is an everything device. It's how I directly communicate to friends and family, conduct business and interact with coworkers, personal and private businesses more. It guides me to where I want to go and tells me what's the there/around it when I get there. It's how I pay for most things at a physical store checkout. It's how I control my lights, HVAC, even performance and leaks to my hot water heater, a number of more things. It's how I deposit my checks and perform most banking, it's how I review and execute stock trades as well as monitor my 401k and more. It's part of my health monitoring(now a very important part). It's the main device I need/would need in numerous emergencies. It's what I use to photo/record daily things and special moment/events. It's the majority of my entertainment content. It's frequently what I use to shop for my needs from groceries to other necessities (and not so necessary). It's how I keep alert of weather and any emergencies. It's my needed distraction for (my preference of) words and puzzle games. It will auto notify emergency services from an accidents/fall.
I'm not listing everything and I'm sure others can add to it too. Regardless, the amount of things that a smartphone provides in this one small device bring an almost absurd level of efficiency to this ever more complicated and interconnected world. I could go on.
If you see a device that performs all that and believe it should be 99 dollars or 199 dollars, that is obviously in your own experience and opinion. IME a smartphone is arguably one of the best deals in all of history when you stack up with what it does. And for me, and I suspect many, a smartphone is absolutely not a moment for 'I want it as absolutely cheap cheap as possible'. No! this is one device you want to go buy the very best you can afford (pardon to Rene for stealing part of his tag line). Finding cheap as possible if for buying a spatula or dust mope -- not a smartphone.

Wow!!! Cost was never an issue for me when buying a smartphone, but I never even thought about it like this. Very nice explanation

You should work for Apple’s marketing department.

I totally agree

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
This doesn't apply to only Apple, it applies to Samsung and others too. But if the smartphone business council is calling to hire me? Much like a smartphone, I can do a lot so I don't come cheap :) (for disclosure sake, I worked for Apple for almost 10 years -- though technically I didn't work for "Apple", I worked for the company called "Apple Computer").

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW