anybody worry about google nexus prime & ice cream sandwhich outshining the iphone4s?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I owned an iPhone 4 before switching over to Android earlier this year (using a Bionic). In the past I have owned every iPhone model until now. I have a few comments:

The iPhone's UI is the same as it was with the 2G. I have to press an icon to do or see anything... iOS needs widgets. I love having my agenda, weather and speed dials on my homescreen without having to root or jailbreak my phone. If iOS had widgets I would come back to iOS yesterday.

How many screen taps does it take to turn off or on Bluetooth or Wifi etc etc? I can do it in one on my phone.

I loved Nokia phones back in the day for its "phone" features. What I mean by "phone" is exactly that.. how it worked as a phone. If I rejected a call, I was presented with a SMS list of responses that I could send to the rejected caller or dismiss the list. My SMS client had canned messages, i.e. Running Late, Call Me, etc etc... If my calendar showed that I was busy or in a meeting, my phone would automatically go into vibrate mode during the specific time frame and back to ring mode when I was free. My Bionic does the same, so did my Windows Mobile Blackjack back in the day.

Dont get me wrong... I think the iPhone is a great phone. Siri looks amazing. However there are just a few things that leave me scratching my head. For being a smartphone, it can be pretty dumb is some aspects.

One other point I would like to make. My 80 year old father loves his iPhone. I can safely say that unless I setup an android phone and somehow locked all his icons and widgets in place (because I know he would accidentally move or delete them), he would hate android. Thats genius on Apples part. Almost anyone can use their iDevices.

Enjoy your 4S... its not for me. But thats purely a personal choice on my part.

Oh.... and one more thing. GO CARDS!!!

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought the iPhone had Widgets? Hmm...

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Nope just icons. However the notification center in iOS5 can get you some quick calendar, weather, message/email info. Not quite a widget, but better than nothing.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I see ICS having the potential to offer a lot of great features and it will certainly draw in a crowd that want it. Time will tell if Google put enough into it to to merge Honeycomb and Gingerbread together. For me I will be on iOS once my iP4S arrvies. For me it's just easier to get what I need done in business and personal use.

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I really wish there was an OS that took the best aspects of both iOS and Android and combined them. I'd love the smoothness and polish of iOS with Android's efficiency (widgets and shortcuts especially) and Android's Google Maps app (the one on the iphone is lightyears behind Android's). I keep on thinking about switching from my Thunderbolt back to an ip4 on verizon, but there are too many things keeping me away right now, and I'm interested in seeing what will happen next week with ICS and the new nexus device.

spizike2389

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
if they can get battery problems right a more sophisticated and less cluttered home page id be interested coming from the bionic made me miss iOS because android is like twitter customizable and fun for certain periods of time but has problems(twitter being over capacity) where as iOS is like Facebook just reliable and a more mature atmosphere imo

Manchild Pr0digy

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really worried about Ice Cream Sandwich or the Galaxy Nexus (or whatever the hell it's going to be called). There's always something bigger and better about to be released when you buy a new phone, so there's really no sense in worrying about what's to come, because you know there's always going to be something better. Just buy the best device available at the time and enjoy it until it's time to upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77