Anybody ever use a signal booster ?

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey does anybody have any experience with signal boosters with AT&T where I live the service isn't bad but my building at work kills my signal a bit makes my data slow down to a crawl just wondering if those things really help much or not ?? Thanks

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Ya I checked into those but u gotta tie it in with your home broadband connection it be fine for home but at work it wouldn't be practical for Me my work has that dam fortiguard filter on our network so to stream pandora , watch YouTube I have to use my 3G connection but the building just kills my data so I have been using a VPN server to bypass fortiguard lol I just hate having to do that at work

recurringdream

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've installed a zBoost unit at my house, and went from no coverage in some rooms to decent coverage throughout the house. Mine has an external (to the house) antenna that ideally requires many feet of vertical separation from the transmitter, so its not perfect for an office setup, but I think there are zBoost models made for an office situation.

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to decide between the microcell and possibly this zboost for at work. Wilson would be my first choice but not due to cost.

The reviews for the zboost i read on amazon seemed less favorable then the microcells

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

B

bonesb

I'm recommending a portable Cyfre amplifier kit. Tried Wilson - meh. Tried zBoost - utter crap. Have a MicroCell - it's back in the box (where it belongs).

I finally asked what some of the field techs that work for cell phone companies that I see on my project sites, almost all of them have a Cyfre or Rockies amplifier (not a booster) kit. Got a few for some of my field employees. They. Just. Work. They're RSSI-controlled, actually approved by ATTWS. Getting one for my mom next week, she's literally on the fringe of cell service in rural WA. The stock nub antenna works great, but a directional Yagi antenna would help big time. Not cheap, but made in the USA - there's a mobile kit version that can be brought into an office or a car.

Consider the cost of your mobile contract, the cost of an amplifier kit is just a fraction of that.

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Just what worked for me at my house- zboost was no good at all. Total waste. Microcell works!! Using it I have 5 bars in every room all time. hth

krs7272#AC

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if the SVW819 may work? I only need this for one location one floor aprox 1000 sq ft and don't need the 40-50,000 sq ft coverage of the larger units.

B

bonesb

I am wondering if the SVW819 may work? I only need this for one location one floor aprox 1000 sq ft and don't need the 40-50,000 sq ft coverage of the larger units.

What *I* do at my home office is use just that, and a couple of other products. My first task was to find out where the best voice/data "connection" is achieved. Silly as that may sound, but I've found the best voice quality is achieved when I'm on the 850 frequency (pretty much anywhere using VZW and on the 4156 frequency on ATTWS - using the Field Test app) - the west side of my home office connects us to 1900 and the east side connects us to 850. The Cyfre setup is mounted on the east side of my building.

I leave both iPhones (VZW and ATTWS) near the Cyfre setup. Both iPhones are paired to a VTech DS6421-3 - all calls are handled through the VTech handsets, generally clear as a bell 95% of the time. I get all of the coverage of the expensive amplifier setups at a fraction of the cost - and no dropped calls on ATTWS. Now that you have my secret to great call quality, I'll have to call my guy Guido... ;)

Wetstuff

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Search posting history and see if you can find any of my posts.. I did f'ing everything to get a signal in the woods about 5mi from a tower. Too exhausting to regurgitate, but we 'finally' have internet access at home where Verizon (local monopoly) could not even give us DSL.

Antenna .. repeater .. 3 bars.

Jim

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank god I work for Ghost Armor in the mall and directly in front of an AT&T store. Signal booster and AT&T wifi that auto connects. Win! Battery life is amazing cause of it.