Anybody else having a problem actually GETTING a 6S+?

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Well I had an 11/02 ship date from Verizon and mine went out yesterday. FedEx says it'll be here tomorrow. For people still waiting on orders, might be worth to give them a call

gkl

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Check the apple store website every 5 min. Yesterday around 2:00 they had almost every model of the 6s + in stock. That is how i got mine, i checked the website every 5 min and grabbed one quick.

Can I do that if I already ordered via VZW Web? I don't want to do the Apple pricing, I wanted to do the cheaper VZW plan.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

stonerman33

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Got my tracking number today. Should have mine Monday, assuming I have someone home to sign for it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

eliyahu1

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
ordered couple hours ago and both my orders are in preparing for shipment stage with a delivery of nov 2nd, I wonder how long it stays in preparing for shipment.

Nikumba

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Had a text last night saying delay to shipping my order but will be delivered on the 30th very sad panda.

Have the screen protector and case all ready, apps already downloaded in iTunes just need the bloody thing to turn up lol

Kimbie

eliyahu1

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine shipped right couple minutes after my first post last night. Took about 8 hours from order placement to shipment. Delivery is Thurs 29

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine arrived in Memphis at 11:20 last night. Thought it might get to Dallas this morning for a Friday delivery, but no go. Still in Memphis so I guess it will be Monday for my SIM free 6S+...:devil:

Last edited:

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I was in my handy dandy local VZW store last night, and the store manager told me that there were virtually no 6s+'s of any storage capacity or color in stock in any stores within a 250mi. radius of here. He says Verizon seriously underestimated the increase in demand for the 6s+ this year, and Apple has had to pump extra stock to fulfill orders...so store stock is bleak to nonexistant right now.

I'm glad some here are getting theirs, or getting shipping/tracking information because it looks like the only reliable way to snag one is by ordering, not checking stores every day for stock.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a rose gold, 64G, 6sPlus yesterday through AT&T. It went out a few hours later. Fed Ex tracking says in Memphis, scheduled for Monday delivery! I had previously purchased a regular 6s, but found it too small after using my 6 Plus from last year. So I sent it back to AT&T.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Lets just say having a problem would be nice, but Apple has actually made getting one nearly impossible. I had one, but wanted a different color so I sold it and didn't really pay much attention to availability since I have spare phones to use. Well I placed my order online and while traveling for work I saw I could get what I wanted at a nearby Apple store. Drove their, made my reservation since they make them 20 minutes out and confirmed upon arrival that they still had stock based on my reservation.

So I went and canceled my online order no biggie, or is it. Due to Apples idiotic rules you are allowed to purchased (on carrier contract) 2 of any given iPhone model during some undisclosed window of time, its called Lifetime Purchase Allowance. I was refused my order since they said I had reached said Lifetime Purchase Allowance. Spent nearly an hour with Apple, AT&T and the result was I could pay $949 + tax or nothing.

I chose nothing, I don't mind paying for my new iPad Pro in cash, but I prefer to keep my phones on Next so I can upgrade without much issue. So when I returned home later that day I stopped at my local and more friendly Apple store. Ran into the same issue, however "Niko" who is an awesome Apple staffer took the challenge head one, spent about 90 minutes there while he worked with managers, AT&T, Apple Retail Support.

Turns out that unknown exclusive window does exist (read the web page) however the block was due to the online order cancellation, it takes Apple 48-72 hours to refresh my ability to buy my second phone. So after all that work "Niko" and company put one on hold for me in the back room to get on Saturday.

Apple staffers are great and always helpful (at my store anyways), it must be a 4-6 month window that Apple blocks this stuff but AT&T has no such qualms or cares in the world you can buy, and trade and do it a dozen times they could care less, it's Apple that was being unreasonable.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So my saga continued yesterday, when I returned to the Apple store and again they were extremely helpful. My phone was still there and a very helpful rep started the process only to be stopped again by the Lifetime Purchase Limit crap held over from the early iPad days when scalpers were prevalent.

So another call into their IT&S team and now its been escalated up their chain to get it manually resolved, of course another hour plus spent trying to get this resolved and still no phone. They will email/call me when its resolved but I don't hold much hope for a speedy resolution. Honestly Apple is out of control on this issue, I can buy the phone multiple times overs from any carrier, agent, reseller, retailer etc just NOT in an Apple store since they did not wipe my "second" phone from being purchased online.

Perhaps tomorrow or next week sometime. Had this been disclosed up front I would have left my original order in place and simply waited another week or so which could be how long it takes to actually get one in the store.

Jerome86

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine from AT&T on Oct 20 with ship date of 27. But actually already shipped on the 25 and will get it tomorrow. Can't wait.

stonerman33

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I actually took tomorrow off of work since the other half works a "normal" shift tomorrow and likely won't be home when fedex shows up. I hate chasing down missed packages, so I gave myself a long weekend.

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I actually took tomorrow off of work since the other half works a "normal" shift tomorrow and likely won't be home when fedex shows up. I hate chasing down missed packages, so I gave myself a long weekend.

I hear that! I adjusted my day tomorrow to be home till about 11:00 and adjusted a lunch meeting to very close to my home so I can sign for my SIM free space gray 64GB 6S+!

Then have to sit through a lunch meeting till I can get back home to set it up!

Posted via S6 Active!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Can I do that if I already ordered via VZW Web? I don't want to do the Apple pricing, I wanted to do the cheaper VZW plan.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Yes, you can purchase from Apple and get Verizon pricing, thats what i did

Nikumba

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Same here mine was delayed by a week, looked on the Apple stock listings in the UK at the time of this post only a store in Exeter had 128Gb 6S+ in stock guess this must be the popular model

I have a delivery date of 30th Oct

Lorenzo Franchitti

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Same here mine was delayed by a week, looked on the Apple stock listings in the UK at the time of this post only a store in Exeter had 128Gb 6S+ in stock guess this must be the popular model

I have a delivery date of 30th Oct

I think they had some in stock at a local store when I checked a few days ago and then it just went back to the usual, where they have one in random a couple of random stores every so often.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR