Any sweat-proof A2DP BT headset besides Jaybird

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Is JB-200 the only A2DP headset that guarantees performance under wet conditions?

Having ruined 3 Motorola S9, I have to be sure about this.

mikey101

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Mi-Sport Bluetooth headphones are a level above

The bluetooth headphones here are actually fully waterproof with a voice nav mp3 player built in. You can actually swim with these:
mi-sportmp3.com

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
mi-sport looks very interesting. How is the sound quality? How do you transfer music files to it? Can it be used in mode other than "behind the head"? That makes it difficult to rest the head (on a pillow or car headrest) while using such headphones (like the S9!).

I had bad experience with the original S9 which kept shorting despite being officially "sweat-proof". I am not buying any S9 variant. Besides, the hard earpiece was uncomfotable.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
That makes it difficult to rest the head (on a pillow or car headrest) while using such headphones (like the S9!).
Yeah, I have this issue with the S9-HDs. I only use them for running, can't wear them for doing bench press and stuff.

I had bad experience with the original S9 which kept shorting despite being officially "sweat-proof". I am not buying any S9 variant. Besides, the hard earpiece was uncomfotable.

Not sure what you mean by hard earpiece? It's rubber and doesn't feel that hard. But if I got burned by Moto 3 times I would be hesitant to try another version as well.

Just passing along that I run in Miami and it's really really hot and really really humid and I really really sweat and it still works.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
They must have made some improvements in the water-proofing to the S9 when they came out with the S9-HD.
The mi-sport is feature-rich but I bet it will be expensive when it ships ...

mikey101

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Mi-Sport VBT

The reason I am posting is that I have been able to trial a sample pair of the Mi-Sport VBT.

The music quality is very good using the built in mp3 and via bluetooth streaming. Excellent bass and call quality is great with adjustable volume. The voice navigation is very cool. All music has to be put in albums or playlists and then that playlist is read to you in your pre chosen voice/accent. You can then scroll playlists, tracks and rewind or fast forward within tracks. No screen but it`s actually better that way in the gym. No problem with bench press as the band around the back of the head easily slips into the nape of your neck.

It is a very intriguing product as it does not really lie in any one market. It`s a waterproof mp3 player for swimming, or wireless headphones using a dongle [listen to TV whilst on running machine], or bluetooth headphones for your phone. Very adaptable, especially for exercise. I think they will price around $159. Will get one definately when they ship.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW